Chapter 14

"Piper, care to explain?" Annabeth asked.

"Um."

"Yeah what's going on?" said Hazel.

"Well."

"I don't really care if.." Annabeth nudged Reyna. "I mean...Yeah! Explain yourself!"

"Okay fine." I said. I took a deep breath and turned to Hazel. "Annabeth and I started dating after my accident. I was in love with her for years. I ran away from Percy's house with tears in my eyes because I couldn't stand seeing them together. And I got hit by the car.

"I thought I only liked Annabeth, but I soon fell for you." I turned to Annabeth. "I started to fall for Hazel and the other day she asked me out and I said yes. I knew it was wrong, but I messed up. I'm really sorry."

"So..do you even..."

"Love you anymore? Only as a friend I guess." I looked away. Tears were brimming my eyes and I just wanted to run away.

I wish I could take it all back.

"What about you? Are you and Reyna something?"

"Yes." She replied. "I didn't feel the same love from you as I did the first day we confessed our love for each other. I started hanging out with Reyna and eventually we just clicked."

There was an awkward silence that hung over each of us like a dark storm cloud.

"So I guess we're breaking up then, huh?" I awkwardly asked, rubbing the back of my head.

"Yeah, I guess we are." She said.

I reached over and grabbed Hazel's hand. I gave it a squeeze and then walked over to Annabeth.

I wrapped her up in a hug and said, "We can still be friends and stuff right?"

"Of course, Piper." She hugged me back.

I let go, "You two have fun okay?"

"We will, you too." Reyna said.

"Thanks." Hazel said.

I walked back over to Hazel and she gave me a hug. "You hate me don't you." I told Hazel. "I lied to you."

She kissed me on the cheek and patted my back. "I don't hate you Piper. People fall in and out of love all the time. Plus, look on the bright side, you're still with me. And you and Annabeth are still friends."

"Thank you for not hating me."

"I could never hate you. Let's go back to my place."

I sniffled and nodded my head. Looking to my left I saw Annabeth and Reyna receding back the way they had come.

"See ya round Annabeth." I whispered, as Hazel and I made our way back down the path to her house.