Chapter 11

Annabeth knocked at my front door, and i opened it up for her.

"You sure no ones home?" She asked.

i understood how she felt, we both hadn't told anyone about our relationship. And this wasn't your average relationship. It was a hella gay one.

"I'm sure. We have the whole house to ourselves." i smiled.

She smiled back and gave me a kiss on the cheek. i closed the door behind her as she walked all the way in.

We sat down on my couch and started to scroll through the movies. We finally picked one and got comfortable.

Annabeth leaned against me, laying her head on my shoulder and intertwining our fingers.

i laid my head on hers.

Halfway through the movie Annabeth had fallen asleep. i was considering whether or not i wanted to finish the movie or turn it off.

i decided to turn it off. Carefully getting up from the couch without waking Annabeth, i stood and then leaned over to pick her up bridal style.

Though it was difficult with my cast and all, but i would do anything for anything if it meant risking my health.

i carefully took her into my bedroom and laid her on my bed, covering her with the blankets. i then closed the door behind me on my way out.

i went back to the living room and sat there. Daydreaming. As i always did. Thinking about things that made me happy, when my phone buzzed.

i flipped it over to reveal a text from Hazel on the screen. i realized the last time i heard from Hazel was the card she wrote me when i was in the hospital.

The text read: "PIPER IT HAS BEEN WEEKS AND I'VE HEARD NOTHING OF HOW YOU HAVE BEEN! WE NEED TO MEET AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!"

i smiled. Hazel made me happy. She cared about me a lot, which was very nice. i sent her a reply: "I'm fine, Hazel. But if you really don't believe me, we can go and meet up sometime."

Hazel: "We will. How about tomorrow at noon? At my place?"

Me: "Sure. Sounds like a plan."

i turned off my phone and floated back into the abyss of my own thoughts.

—————

The next day i sat around until noon.

i got dropped off at Hazel's house and knocked on her front door. "Hey." i said, waving my right hand, as she opened the door.

"PIPER!" She screamed. She stepped toward me and wrapped me in a tight hug.

"Woah." i said, not expecting this. For a second my arms floated above her, not sure what to do.

"Hug me back, silly." Hazel said, still squeezing me in a hug.

"Right." i chuckled and put my arms gently around Hazel. It was nice standing there in that hug. Hazel was warm, and it felt great to be hugged.

After a while she let go and stepped back. "Come in, come in." She said, taking my hand and pulling me inside. She pulled me over to a couch and we sat down.

She stared at me in the eyes. i awkwardly stared back, not sure what to do. "i can't believe it, you seem totally fine." She said, starting to scan me with her eyes.

"Yeah." i chuckled, "Except for this stupid cast." i said, lifting up my left arm for her to see.

"i didn't even notice that." She gasped. "Can i sign it?" She looked at me with eagerness.

"Um..yeah. Only Annabeth has signed it."

"Cool." She said, getting up and grabbing a red marker. She grabbed my arm and started to write her own name on my cast.

When she finished, she capped the marker and set it down. Then she started tracing her finger from the top of my cast near my elbow, to the bottom near my fingers.

She then intertwined her fingers with mine. i didn't move, or try to tell her to stop. It felt nice. It felt...right.

Hazel grabbed my other hand and intertwined our fingers there. Holding each other's hands, we sat there looking at each other in the eyes.

For a moment it was just us. Me and Hazel. Hazel and i. We were in a world where only we existed. No one else.

Part of me screamed.

PIPER. STOP. NO.

ANNABETH.

YOUR GIRLFRIEND.

ARE YOU EVEN THINKING ABOUT HER.

But another part of me was in love.

Who? What girlfriend?

Hazel.

So pretty.

So kind and nice.

But...

WHAT HAPPENED TO: IT'S JUST A STUPID CRUSH?

THAT WHOLE THING WITH ANNABETH.

YOU LOVE HER.

DON'T DO THIS PIPER.

But that part of me got drowned out by:

Hazel.

Beautiful.

Kind.

Pretty eyes.

Soft hands.

Warm embrace.

The next thing i knew, Hazel started inching forward.

And i did too.

And then...

We kissed.

And it was magical.

i felt like my life was missing a puzzle piece, and Hazel was it.

My life was now complete.

As this kiss lingered, i swear a voice in the back of my head said: What have you done?