Chapter 12

Finally, Hazel and i broke the kiss.

"Wow." i said. For that was all i could think to say.

"Wow is right." Hazel agreed.

Just at that moment, staring into Hazel's eyes, holding her hands, i fell into a dark pit i would never get out of.

A black hole in the fabric of space and time where i would spend the rest of eternity floating, all alone.

An endless ocean, where, impossibly, it's gets darker and darker. And the sinking toward the endless bottom goes on and on. And it just gets colder as you reach the bottom.

Like a dark cave, where the further you go the further you get from all the ones you love. Only onward towards the darkness that wrenches your gut, and the monsters you only thought were made up to give you a scare. But they're real, and they're there to give you hell.

i was lost in not only Hazel's eyes, but in that black hole, that ocean, that dark cave.

i shook out of my stupor and my sense of reality, and what was happening came back to me.

Like i grabbed the tether anchored to my spaceship, just in time before it was out of reach, to pull myself away from that black hole.

Like i grabbed onto a lifebuoy and floated back up to my boat. Before i could reach the deep sea, where no light dare go.

Like i realized that going into the dark cave was a bad idea, a terrible one. And turned back before my monsters could grab me.

"i-i have to go." i told Hazel suddenly. Getting up i tried to quickly make my way for the door.

But i reached out for the door knob with my left hand, and i pulled my arm back in pain. But the second i reached for the handle with my right hand was a second too late.

Hazel caught up with me, grabbed my hand, and spun me around.

"I'm just going to say it before i never have the courage to say it again. Will you go out with me, Piper?" Hazel asked, eyes full of hope.

Beautiful eyes, in fact.

i could get lost in them forever.

Eyes that twinkle no matter what.

Like stars.

i could see the galaxy in Hazel's eyes.

Hazel.

She's the only one for me.

Sorry to break up the lovey-dovey stuff going on here, but am i the only one who remembers Annabeth?

The part of me that was rational tried to save me. It was the part of me that threw me the lifebuoy, made sure i was tethered to the ship, and convinced me to turn around in the cave.

Annabeth.

She's your girlfriend for goodness sake!

Piper, tell Hazel you can't.

That you are dating Annabeth.

Tell her-

"Yes." It happened so suddenly. An impulsive side of me i never knew i had.

Hazel squealed and leaned in for a kiss. Which i gladly gave her.

As i fell deeper into Hazel's embrace, i began to realize there was no going back now.

Just as i turned to grab the end of my tether, it was already out of my grasp, too far to reach. And i looked at the peaceful, beautiful, thinking galaxy, just moments before I'd be lost forever.

Just as the lifebuoy was in reach, a current came by and it was pushed away. i looked at the pretty sea life because it'd be the last pretty thing I'd ever see.

When i thought i was almost out of that cave, it collapsed, and my only exit was blocked. i sang softly to myself before my monsters would come to take me away.

——————

Authors Note

Pretty short but eh

Enjoy

Also, pretty deep, huh?