Chapter 6: I DANCE WITH MY ENEMY

Once I got to the stage I picked one paper and I opened it. I looked at the name, and was really shocked, because on it was the name 'ANNABETH CHASE'. Then the host called me and I took the opportunity to ask if I can change the paper. But he said "No." So I had no choice but to tell him my name and my partner's name. Then he announced "Percy Jackson and Annabeth Chase."

Then I went down the stage. And out of nowhere Annabeth appeared beside me. She pulled me to the balcony. And she said "Why did you pick me?"

"I didn't have another choice. And if I lie maybe a few minutes later someone might pick her."

"Fine. Do we really need to dance? 'Cause I don't know how to dance."

"Well I can teach you." Then I offered her my hand. And signaled the dance floor.

Then she said " 'Sigh' Fine."

Then we danced. But then it became the waltz. Then we began to waltz. Then when we were done dancing, she grabbed my hand and took me outside. I was wondering what she wanted. But I had no choice but to follow her.

She lead me to the palace garden. It was beautiful as beautiful as her.

Wait what? Why did I just think that? Never mind. We were all alone.

I said "Annabeth why did you bring me here?"

"Well I just wanted to thank you."

"Thank me, for what?"

"For teaching me how to dance."

"Well I didn't need to teach you, your the best dancer ever!" Then I covered my mouth. Why did I mention that?

"Really?" She asked, I sighed, I guess there's no more backing out.

"Yes. Yes you are. I'm not kidding. I think your a beautiful dancer. Although your my enemy. You dance like an angel." Wait what did I just say. Then l looked at her. She looks like she wants to kill me. Uh-Oh. Perseus Jackson, get ready for the beating of a lifetime. But then she hugged me. That was a big surprise. But then she pulled away, quickly. I was about to ask why when I heard someone call Annabeth.

Then she said. "I'll explain next time."

Then she left me there, standing in shock. I sat on a bench trying to remember what happened that night.

Then I heard my name. Grover was looking for me.

"I'm over here!" I yelled.

Then I saw Grover, followed by Luke, The Stolls (Travis and Connor), Nico, Frank, Jason, and Leo.

They asked me what happened, and I told them everything. Then they didn't say another word. We went back to the ball, until it was midnight. Then I went home with the whole gang.

When I got home I said out loud. "Alone at last." Then I took a bath and went straight to my bed. I didn't know how tired I am, until I fell asleep when I just sat down on my bed.