CHAPTER 11: BECAUSE OF OUR PARENTS

After we set camp fire, Annabeth and I sat beside each other. And then there was, yet, another awkward silence. So I decided to break it.

"Annabeth?" I asked.

"Yeah?" She answered.

"I'm sorry." I said.

"About what?" she asked.

"About hating you, about not getting to know you better." I answered.

"I'm sorry, too. For, you know, being mean to you. And not getting to know you better." she said.

"I know. Because, you alredy apologized." I said. Then I smiled at her.

"I know." she said then she smiled back at me. After a minute, her smile faded. "But I'm afraid we can't, be friends." she said.

"Why not?" I asked.

"Because of our parents." she answered.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Well your dad is Poseidon, right?" she asked, and I nodded. "Well my mom is... Athena."

"WHAT!?!" I yelled.

"Sorry I never told you." she apologized.

"Hey, it's alright. I'm not mad about that. I'm mad because you think we can't be friends. I mean, just because our parents hate each other, doesn't mean we have to." I said.

"Your probably right." she said.

"Seriously! Annabeth we could've bacame best friends. Oh, I am so blaming our parents for this." I said. Then Annabeth laughed.

"You know, you are such a seaweed brain." She said.

"And you, Miss Chase, are such a wise girl." I said, with a smile. Then she smiled back. Then I leaned a little bit to her. And she leaned in a little, too. We were about to kiss when...
________________________________________________________________________

HEY GUYS!!!

Sorry I just couldn't wait for 40 votes. So here you go. Anyway...

*IN REPORTER VOICE*

What do you think happened? Why do you think they didn't kiss? Find out on the next chapter!

*BACK TO NORMAL VOICE*

Anyway sorry for the short chapter.

BYE!!!