Chapter 8: CHIRON CANCELLED LUNCH

---THE NEXT DAY---

I woke up with a start. I am going on a very special secret quest. I'm all packed. I went downstairs and ate breakfast. Then went back upstairs to check if I forgot something. After that I waited for Chiron to text us.

I waited for a few minutes. Then he finally texted the text said

" 'Percy

                  Come here at 12:00 pm. We are going to explain at lunch.

                                                                         - Chiron' "

It's 11:30 I need to leave now.

While I'm walking to school I saw Annabeth walking to school with a big bag. I decided to ask her if I could join her. So I ran up to her. And said "Annabeth!"

Then she stopped and she turned around. When she saw me she said "Percy?!"

Then I caught up with her. And said "Yes, it's me alright." Then she hugged me.

Then I said "Can I come with you to school?"

"Umm.... Sure."

"So what did your mom say about the secret quest?"

"Oh, my family is gone for the whole summer.  You?"

"They're gone for the whole summer. Too."

"Well I guess this really is a 'Secret Quest' "

Then we both laughed but after that, there was another, awkward silence. I hate the awkward silence. It makes me feel uncomfortable.

Then finally we have reached our school. I saw Chiron, but I didn't see Mr. D. Hmm. Where could that stubborn principal be? Then I looked at Annabeth but she looks like she's as confused as I am. Then Chiron saw us. And he smiled at us.

When we finally got there. Chiron said "Follow me, we're going to a restaurant, so you won't leave with hungry stomachs." Then we went to this fancy restaurant.

We went inside. Man! This place is huge. We sat at our table. I sat next to Annabeth, and Chiron sat in front of us.

Then he said after we ordered "Here are your duffle bags." Then he handed us two duffle bags, one has the color blue, my favorite color, and the other one is color red.

Chiron handed me the blue one. And Annabeth got the red one.

"What are these for?" I asked.

"They're for the extra supplies." He answered.

"Like what?" Annabeth asked

"Like:

Ambrosia

Nectar

Mythology Books

Weapons: Percy - sword and shield

                     Annabeth - dagger and shield

Golden Drachmas

And a few more."

"Where's Mr. D?" I asked Chiron.

He was about to answer when his phone rang. When he saw who it is his eyes widened and then told us "I'll be back I need to take this."

Then me and Annabeth were left alone at the table and it looked like we were at a date.

"So," I began to say.

"So." She said.

"Umm. Annabeth why are you so mean to me?" I asked.

She didn't answer. Was there something I said that made her, Depressed.

"Annabeth, was there something I said? Sorry I didn't mean it. Whatever I said."

"Percy you didn't do anything. I'm the one who's supposed to be sorry. I was mean to on you even though you didn't do anything. I'm sorry."

"It's okay. I forgive you."

Then she hugged me. And I hugged back. Then we pulled apart and she said "Thank you for forgiving me. Percy."

"Your welcome Annabeth."

Then Chiron came back he cancelled the order. And told us "Percy, Annabeth. We shall continue our talk at the park. Come on."

Then we follo....