Ch 50

Louis POV

••••

"Niall I'm—Niall! I'm not in the bloody mood! If you don't bring her over here, I'm coming! Do not put all of this on my plate, Niall. I'm–"

Angel pleaded, "Dad–"

"I know she knows where she is," I exclaimed.

"Louis I'm telling you she doesn't know! I've been asking and asking. She wouldn't lie to me. She wants to help."

"She thinks she's helping her by keeping it a secret, but she isn't. It's the stupidest thing she could be doing, and I need you to stop covering for her. Jo needs me. Do you get that? For weeks she's.. She's been—I-I–" I sounded like a damn idiot. "Jo needs me. Give her back the phone, Niall."

"Louis–my God! Listen to me."

"Niall, I have four out of five of my kids with me right now. Four! One I trusted you with enough 3 hours ago to leave at your house while I tried to get this shit figured out—"

"So trust me! Louis, we love Josie. we love our god-kids. You guys are our family. Hannah's telling the truth. She wouldn't lie, and I'm not going to advocate for you yelling at my wife for no reason."

"Four meaning I don't have time to play around, but since you're leaving me no choice I guess I will. I'm coming over."

"Louis—" he swore into the phone, "We're coming over. Sit your ass down before you have a stroke."

He hung up, and I dropped my phone back down onto the table.

"What a day to bring Ethan home."

I didn't bother using my energy to shoot DaSha a look for yet another unhelpful side comment.

My pacing continued without break until I stopped to address my kids directly. I crouched down, "We're going to get to the bottom of it, okay? Don't worry. I don't want you guys to stress. I know Hannah knows."

"Yeah but what if she doesn't?" DaSha questioned aloud.

The irritation was instantaneous.
"She knows."

Angel spoke up, "But dad why would she–"

I grabbed her forearm, "Stop. Don't listen to her. She knows, Angel. Okay? She does. Your mom wouldn't just drop everything and not tell anyone where she was going. She loves you guys too much."

Angel sunk back into the couch with no response.

"Louis, I just think—"

I stood back up, "DaSha, can I speak to you outside please?" I didn't wait for a response, walking to the front door and holding it open for her to walk through.

She dragged her feet through and onto the porch, and I all but slammed it behind me as I turned toward her, "What in the hell do you think you're doing?" I bursted.

Her mouth barely got the chance to open before I continued, "Who gave you the right to think you could ever contradict me in front of my kids like that and it be okay?"

She sighed, "You're not thinking clearly, Louis! You're giving them false hope. What happens when Hannah gets here and–"

"She knows—"

"The woman has been badgered by both you and her husband already! She doesn't know!"

"Whether she goddamn knows or not, I will find out! Not you, not them, not anyone else! Jo's my wife. I will get through to her."