Ch 34

Josilyn POV

:-:-:-:

"Angel, aren't you at rehearsal?"

"Why don't I see you?"

"Because I'm still getting ready!"

"Mom! Remember I said get here early. The seats always fill up quickly."

"I got it, honey. I'm—"

"Ooh gotta go! Not supposed to be on my phone. Mommy, please don't be late!" She hung up.

I shook my head, setting my phone down and trying my best to zip my dress up further.

"Did I hear you say Angel?" Louis came out of the bathroom still brushing his teeth.

"She's freaking out again... help me," I gestured at myself.

He walked over and pulled the zipper all the way up to where it needed to be.

"Thank you," I said and rushed to find my shoes to put on.

"Calm down, we'll get there on time," Louis spoke nonchalantly, going back into the bathroom and spitting.

"We're never on time to things. That's why she's freaking out."

"No, she's freaking out because of her solo."

"Her first solo. The solo you pushed her to audition for and that she got."

"What's your point, babe?"

"I'm saying you need to take this more seriously because this means so much to her, Louis I'd hate.."

"We'll. Be. There. On. Time." He kissed my forehead, "Now shut up, it's not good for the baby."

"I.." I huffed, "You're right. Where are my shoes?"

"Which ones?"

"The ones that go with this dress!"

He squinted in thought, "Can I rightfully assume it's the red ones?"

My eyebrows raised, "Red?"

"Okay, no, I meant.. I meant blu...ack."

"Ugh no it's–" I rubbed my face, "forget it. I'll find them myself."

"I'm sorry I can't think clearly because you're stressing out and stressing me out."

"It's because Angel is stressing me out! She's so excited and nervous and just wants to impress you and I–"

He took my face into his hands, dragging out each word as he spoke, "Then why are you stressed out. Don't get me wrong, you're an angel and all, but not Angel."

"I don't know. I just want everything to go perfectly for her. I'm just so happy. So so happy for her and I feel like this big swell of pride in my stomach—but, then I'm also thinking that thing could also very much be Sammy's kicking making me sick and–"

"Sammy?" He stopped me.

I paused, losing my train of thought.

"Yes, Sammy... you know," I placed my hand on my tummy, "Sammy in my stomach."

His eyes grew a little wider, "That's what we're naming her?"

"I– well I thought," I said. "I thought that's what you wanted."

"Serious?"

"Of course I'm serious."

I was stunned when he pulled my face forward and kissed me into a daze.