Chapter Sixteen

Bellamy shot up, adrenaline and fear shooting through him. The pounding he thought was in his head, continued. He hurried out of bed, almost slamming into his mother as they raced to the front door.

Aurora yanked the door open, face to face with a very stressed Abby. "Is Clarke here?" She demanded from Bellamy.

What? "No," Bellamy answered. "She's not at home?"

"She went out for a jog after you left. She told me she would be back soon, but she's not home. I already called the hospitals, but the police weren't any help."

Bellmay's blood ran ice cold as he imagined her laying on the sidewalk, passed out or worse. He snatched his keys off the hook and took off for his car.

"Wait!" His mother shouted, bringing him his phone. "Let us know the second you find her," she demanded.

Bellamy agreed, starting up his car. His mother was hugging Abby, trying to calm her as he sped away. His eyes searched as she drove around the neighborhood. He scanned, looking, dreading to find, a body.

He checked his phone, no messages. He kept on, refusing to turn down his brights, even as he passed a car. Where the fuck would she be?

"Fuck!" He shouted, slamming on his brakes in the middle of the street. He slapped his steering wheel, furious for not knowing where she would be earlier. Turning around in a random person's driveway, he took off, going too fast.

3:47, he saw on his radio as he turned off his car. He ran over, relief swimming through him. He could cry as he watched her chest rise and fall.

Quickly, he sent a text to his mother, assuring her that Clarke was safe and he found her.

Gently, he sat down next to her and lifted her head, placing it in his lap. He brushed her hair away from her face, almost tearing up.

"Am I dreaming, or am I laying on the ground?" Clarke asked, her voice thick with sleep.

Bellamy laughed, he couldn't help it. He laughed, covering his mouth. "It's not a dream."

"Oh. Fuck," she muttered, turning to look up at him. "So, this means I fell asleep here. The sun is nowhere in sight, you're not wearing a shirt, so either you got woken up to find me, or you're into kinky graveyard sex."

Bellamy threw his head back as his body vibrated with laughter. "Defintely not that last bit," he laughed. He finally calmed down, running her cheeks. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine," she promised. "I was running and I wanted to stop by for a minute. I must have been more tired than I thought." She lifted herself from the ground. "Come on, I'm so sorry you're up right now."

Bellamy held her hand, walking her to the car. He turned the heat on low, the fall nights getting colder. "I'm fine," he assured her. "Your mom is in a panic, hell I was, too," he admitted. "But, you're here and safe," he kissed her hand as they drove on, turning on their road.

Bellamy kissed her before Abby ran down to hug her. He waved to her before going inside.

"She fell asleep by Jake," he told his mom.

"Poor girl," she sighed. "Okay, well hey, try to sleep. Don't go to school today."