Chapter Two

11 Years Old

"Bellamy!" Clarke groaned. "You're such a jerk," she sighed, pushing his dirty bookbag off of her bed.

"You said you wanted to play my new game, right?" He said, flashing the case.

Her irritated attitude dropped immediately, excitement on her features. "You beat it already?"

"I beat it yesterday," he said, loading it in her PlayStation. "Come on, so I can help you when you get stuck."

Clarke took her earrings out, placing them in the small jewelry box on top of her dresser. She looked over, the tiara catching her eye. With a grin, she put it on and joined Bellamy at the end of her bed. "Just so you know," she said, snatching het controller. "I do not get stuck, it just takes me a few minutes to beat certain parts!"

"Why are you wearing that?" He asked. "I can't believe you even still have it!"

"Hey," she defended. "My best friend gave me this for my eighth birthday. Also, I'm a princess, remember?"

"Like I could forget," he said under his breath. "You just want to be a princess for the rest of your life?"

"Until a prince comes along," Clarke shrugged.

"Princes are boring!" Bellamy sighed. "They don't even fight."

"Maybe a brave knight then?" Clarke asked. "In shining armour?" She laughed.

"Oh, you're hopeless," he mumbled, bumping her shoulder.