Chapter Twenty-One

When Bellamy woke up again, he cursed the lights above him. He swore right then he would never end up in a hospital again.

"You're up." Bellamy looked over to as Abby, adjusting something. "It's seven fifty six, so Clarke will be charging in very soon after pacing a few rips in the carpet out there."

"Did she sleep at all?" Bellamy asked.

"No, I don't think so," Abby sighed. "If she did, it wasn't much. You gave us all quite the scare."

"I don't plan on repeating," Bellamy managed to smile.

"Good," Abby nodded. "For what it's worth, I'm glad you're the one she loves. I know I don't always seem to approve, but you and Clarke are the closest thing to soul mates that I can picture. I caused you both pain, I know. But I have to say, I never want to see that again. I've never seen my daughter change that way, become a shell of the person she once was. She wasn't Clarke when left, she was a stranger. I didn't hear her laugh for two years," she sighed.

Bellamy pat her hand, understanding and forgiving.

"So, no more guns," Abby smiled, just as the door was pushed open.

"Bellamy!" Clarke rushed in.

"Princess," he smiled brightly, reaching up to touch her face. "I love you, but you look like hell," he winked.

"That's because my boyfriend is an idiot and almost killed himself," she teased him right back. "I love you, you fucking idiot."