Chapter 12- the Blessing of Dawn

When we get back to Lavastone, Mr. Heart, looked at us then saw Hope in our arms.

" Everyone my office, now" he said in a panic" Chris, I need you to tell me every little detail of what happened down there"

So we sat Hope in a chair in the corner and told him everything that happened, he sat down in his chair and he looked pail.

"Andrew may I see the sword and the spell tome" I set them on his desk and he looks into the tome then he gets confused "I can't read this, Andrew can you understand what this says"

He hands me the book and I can tell it's not in English but I can understand everything it says " yeah this page has something called fire forms "

He looks at me and nods " Jennifer would you throw some water in Andrews face "

She looks at me and I just shrug " go ahead" but the water just splits and moves around me

" I see, you have been blessed by the blade of dawn, I'm not sure what all comes with this blessing but I will find out, in the mean time we will need to find out what to do with Hope, she will need time to recover. Andrew, I'm going to need you to keep an eye on her and help her in any way to over come the after affects of the darkness." Mr. Heart says as he leaves the room.

Everyone but Chris and Jenn go home, they stayed just in case anything happens. After an hour Hope wakes up and looks around.

" what happened and who are you?" She looks at me then to Chris " Chris, what happened? Why am I in Mr. Heart's room?"

" you don't remember what happened?" Chris looks at her in relief

" No, all I remember is..." she stops then looks at her hands " No, I thought that was all a dream, that couldn't have been real, Chris please tell me the darkness didn't take me, please"

Chris looks down a little " I'm sorry Hope, but all that did happen"

She looks at me "you, your Andrew, right?" I nod "and I tried to turn you to the darkness?" I nod again " thank you all for bringing me back"

"I didn't do anything" I answer

"Yes you gave me something to hold onto my mind, without you the darkness would have killed me. My mom, she's probably worried sick" she realizes

"We will walk you home" Chris says in a heartbeat .

"Thank you, I'm sorry to put you all through this, I never wanted the darkness to take me, it was just telling me these awful things about me and I just felt like giving up" she starts to bawl

"Hey don't worry, what matters now is that you are free, I promise it won't happen again, not while I'm around" I put my hand on her shoulder to comfort her.

She looks at me with tears still in her eyes "thank you Andrew"

We all get going and walk Hope to her home to end another day.