30th Door

"Life is full of surprises. They can be scary but if you're open to them they can also change your life."

-Anonymous

***

VLAD

We talk about death almost everyday. It has been a fascinating subject of mankind for thousands of years. So much that every culture has adapted ways to talk about death to pass down their own traditions and ways of thinking --like riddles.

I hate riddles.

I hate how people play with the language. How they twist them just to hide a simple thing that is being described by the riddles when in fact they can just tell it in simpler words.

But with what's happened right now which was not a mere coincidence, I think I may be able to force myself learning riddles. I need to if I have to. It might save my ass from all the trouble.

It may sound funny but I still didn't believe with what's behind my brain as I scan my email and have a glance of the timer.

Anong ibig sabihin ng lahat ng 'to?

167:36:03 hours left.

Everything seemed back to normal. Twenty minutes have passed and nothing has happened yet. Pero ang timer sa computer ko, hindi pa rin natatanggal. Sinubukan ko na lahat just to get rid of this shitty running numbers in red. Task manager, uninstalling and all the troubleshooting. Tinanong ko na rin ang isa sa mga IT specialist naming si Simond pero hindi rin niya nagawan ng paraan ang pagtanggal sa nakakairitang timer sa Macbook.

I already sent a message to the Employee Engagement team. The creepy reality was that, they denied that they were sending death riddles but promised will further investigate on it. I wonder how they could maintain positive scripting with their response even if shit's happened. Ang nakakapagtaka ay walang employee representative na naka-indicate as a sender of the mail.

Could be a spam mail.

Could be.

Check all the employees on the 31st, this code: 1b2f3l4e matches with the murderer's name left by the victim written on the mirror.
Solve the mysterious name before everything ends! Your time is running.

Nagreply ako: Who are you?

Walang sagot na dumating mula sa strange mailer.

Who the hell are you?

What do you want?

Don't you now that this can escalate and can lead to termination if HR finds out who you are?

Naatat akong padalhan siya ng questions. Natataranta na ako!

Ilang minuto akong naabala. Hindi na ako makapagtrabaho dahil pumasok na sa utak ko ang estranghero. Napapapisil ako sa sintido at halos madurog ang bagang ko sa sobrang pagtiim ng mga ito.

I tried to block the sender on my PC. The task was successful.

Laking gulat ko nang tumunog na naman ang notification ng Macbook. Napapitlag ako!

1b2f3l4e. Solve the mystery name before everything ends! Your time is running.

Fuck off! You're not real! mura ko sa e-mail.

We'll see. You'll end up begging. Sagot nito.

Naalarma ako sa muling natanggap na email. Hindi ko alam kung sasabihin ko ito sa boss kong si Ryanne De Guzman o pansamantalang ililihim ang lahat. Hindi biro ang mga ganitong spam mail na natatanggap ko mula sa Employee Engagement Department. Someone might be messing up with my day. It could have been a joke but it could be an issue that must be taken seriously.