Part One:

Always You:
_____________

Part One:
__________

Brinley's P.O.V:
________________

A waitress.

That's all that I am, a waitress. My Mother isn't proud of me, neither is my Father. She is a neurosurgeon and he, a neuroscientist. So, you can probably tell how disappointed they were when I told them that I am going to be a waitress. Yelling, looks of disgust, lectures and disownment. I managed to obtain an apartment. It is run down and a very unsafe place to be, but, it's all that I could afford at the moment, given the circumstances.

A waitress.

That's all that I am, a waitress.

"Brinley, table four wants their check." My colleague tells me and I nod, thanking her as I go to give table four their bill, hoping to get a worthy tip.

"Thank you, please come back again... With the other half of my tip." I sigh, picking up their money and laughable tip. My colleague sniggers from behind me and I turn to her. "I'm going home, my shifts over." She nods as I make my way to the back, removing my apron and collecting my bag and coat.

"Be on time tomorrow, Abernathy!" My boss snaps at me as I make my way past him. I nod obediently and quickly leave the restaurant. I fish my old car keys out of my bag, pressing the 'unlock' button before jumping into my broken down car.

Out of hell, into hell.

Screams, yells, shouts, cries and the sound of things breaking and a struggle. Those are the noises that I've grown accustomed to since moving here a year ago. You'd get the occasional bang on your door and somebody pleading for help before it all goes silent. You hear things, things about things that go 'bump in the night'. You even sometimes see things. Although, whatever I have seen or heard must remain classified in my head. Especially with the area that I live in. It'll only get you hurt if you speak up about what you've experienced.

Funnily enough, the noise soothes me and helps me to sleep. Weird, I know. Call me crazy. This night, however, is different.

"Brinley..."

The sound made me freeze, I was completely petrified. My breath hitched when I had heard it again.

"Brinley..."

Adrenaline pushed through my body, forcing me up and onto my feet. Running to my apartment door, I throw it open. Rushing down the corridor, I bang on my neighbour and 'friend's' door.

"Harry! Harry, are you home?! I need your help, please!" The door swings open and there Harry stands, behind it.