Part Three:

Always You:
_____________

Part Three:
____________

Brinley's P.O.V:
________________

I have been avoiding Harry all week. I've been leaving my apartment bright and early every morning and returning late at night.

Unfortunately, I couldn't avoid him tonight. It is Friday evening, 8:40pm, exactly five minutes before Harry comes into the restaurant for his evening meal.

I collect table five's cheque whilst glancing at my watch every few seconds. That's when I hear it, the sound of the restaurant doors opening.

"Abernathy! Table six!" My boss snaps at me just as Harry sits down. Taking a deep breath, I make my way over to Harry's table.

"Hello, Harry, your usual?"

"You have been avoiding me." He is quick to throw at me and I'm immediately taken aback, quickly clearing my throat.

"No. I haven't." I lowly speak and he turns to look at me, his eyes piercing through mine. I sigh, laying down my notepad and pen onto his table.

"Fine. I have." I admit and he nods slowly. When neither of us speak for a few seconds, I decide too. "I... I heard you... Last week... In your apartment... With that person." I say, not sure about what to call his visitor. He freezes at my words, not moving at all. Panicking, I grab my notepad and pen, quickly scribbling down his order before rushing away.

What have I done?!

"Brinley, table six is ready." The chef tells me, knocking me from my thoughts. I nod, picking up his plate and begin to make my way out of the kitchen, only to be called back by the chef. "The boss is gone now for the night, why don't you clock off early? I'll cover for you." He says and I nod, thanking him as I make my way to Harry's table.

I lay his plate in front of him and his head snaps up to meet mine.

"We need to talk. Order some dinner. I will pay." Too tired to argue with him, I nod and call over one of my colleagues while sitting down opposite him. She comes over and we smile at each other.

"I'll get the barbeque bacon cheeseburger, fries and a water, thanks." She nods, writing down my order before walking away. I turn back to Harry. He is cutting his steak up into little pieces, avoiding all contact with me. I sigh. "...Was what I heard, right?" I quietly ask him and he lays his fork and knife down, clearing his throat, but, still refusing to look me in the eyes.