{Chapter Four}

I woke up several times during the night

I woke up several times during the night. That person was haunting my dreams. I finally decided to draw who made me feel the most safe. And the first thing that came to mind was Stan.

After I was kinda satisfied with what I drew, I could actually go to sleep now.

————————

My eyes fluttered open. I realized I left my art stuff sprawled across my room, Stan would have a fit, he would also find it creepy that I drew him. I gathered everything and put it in my bag.

I decided to put on clothes and makeup. As I was fixing my hair I heard something tapping on my window, which is weird since my room is upstairs.

I walked towards it, and looked down. Stanley was throwing rocks at my window.

I rushed downstairs and outside.

"Stan!" I ran up and shoved him softly.

"What?"

"If my dad caught you, you would be dead."

"I thought you said they'd be moving in your sister?" He spoke walking to get his bike.

"My mom is going, dad is staying here."

I got my bike and I followed him to the temple.

We left our bikes in a shaded grassy area, and walked inside.

"Maybe My dads not here and we'll avoid an awkward confrontation." Stan walking towards his Dad's office.

We walked through the hallway to the office, but there was this weird almost disturbing painting of this crooked lady. Stan blocked the painting off and kept going.

I felt like I was lost in it's terrifying trance. I was taking in every bit of it's misshapenness. Then Stan grabbed my arm and dragged me into the office.

I sat in Mr. Uris' chair while Stan looked for the book to study.

He found it, then went into the temple.

I sat in the pews while Stan attempted to read. Every time he'd finish he would look up to see how he did. Then I would smile and nod. And then he'd smile back. Then I would die a little inside.

This went on for maybe an hour. Then he got bored and wanted to go eat.

So we walked into his dads office and put the book up. And tried to walk outside, but his dad decided to stop by.

"Stanley, have you been practicing?" He said with a stern voice.

"Yes sir." He didn't look his dad in the eye.

"Who's your friend?"

"Y/n l/n, she just moved here, and she wanted to help me study." His eyes didn't move from the floor.

"Alright, be on your way."

He quickly left and I followed.

"So where do you wanna go eat?" I asked hopping on my bike.

"I'm not really hungry anymore, let's just go to my house." He started to pedal away, so I followed him to his house.

We walked up to his room, which to my surprise was very neat. Most boy's rooms were filled with playboy, but his was nice.

I decided to give him a taste of his own medicine and look through his stuff. Which was mostly about birds.

"Do you like birds?" I asked picking out a book and flipping through, then putting it back.

"Like is an understatement, I've been bird watching since I could remember."

"That's cute." I spoke to myself.

"What is?" He asked confused.

"Your little quirks, they're adorable." I sat on his bed.

"Yours are cuter." He started the argument.

"What do you mean?"

"Your allergies causing those dainty sneezes, and you're obsessed with water and drawing. Like that's a double whammy on its own."

"Trust me sneezing isn't cute, it's gross. And bird watching is so cute, like get your priorities in order." I retaliated.

"Whatever helps you sleep at night, cutie." He smiles to himself.

"In fact, you are. I had a terrifying dream last night, then I thought about you, and I drifted of to sleep with no problems." Is this really how I'm going to admit this?

"Please, I've had many sleepless night thinking about you and your stupid perfect self."

"So now I'm stupid perfect? Then you must be beautifully ignorant."

"Did we just admit our crushes to each other?" He asked blushing majorly.

"I think so."

"Hey y/n?"

"Yeah?"

"Can I kiss you?"

"Of cour-" then he gently kissed me. He pulled back but I followed, then let go.

"That was cool."

"Agreed."

"So, are we like a thing now?"

We exchanged glances for a moment.

"If you want."

"I really want to, only if you want to." He replied quickly, barely audible.

"I want to."

"Awesome." He flopped on his bed, then parted for me to lay next to him.
I rolled over him to get to the side he wanted, he grunted. Causing me to laugh.

[THIS CHAPTER WAS PUBLISHED EARLY BC DAUGHTER EMOLY TOLD ME TO]