{Chapter Eight}

It's October now, and the county fair is here

It's October now, and the county fair is here. And I've made plans with my friends to go.

It was Friday and the bell was about to ring. I was just processing some photos, then Richie busted open the door to the red lit room.

"Richie!" I yelled at him, the photos were messed up now.

"Shit sorry, but the bell's about to ring anyway." And as he said that the bell rang. I shrugged and tossed the pictures out of the water and left.

I walked out of the crowded hallways and out of the school and the rest of The Losers Club was sitting on the steps. We all walked towards our bikes.

"So what's the plan for the carnival?" I asked as we started to ride.

"I-I thought we c-could go there a-a-after school, like right now." Bill spoke.

—————

We arrived there at about 4. And the first thing we did is go to the biggest rollercoaster. It was called 'The Destroyer.'

"IT DOESNT GETS ITS NAME FOR NOTHING. MY MOM SAID A FRIEND OF SOMEONE SHE WORKS WITH GOT A DISEASE FROM THE SEAT OF ROLLERCOASTER." Eddie nervously and loudly stated.

The line for it was short, but we need tickets first. I reached in my pocket for the few dollars I brought.

Stan and I watched as Eddie freaked out, and Richie was just making it worse.

"Stan," I whispered. He looked at me and I nudged my head towards the ticket booth. He turned his head to look at it then nodded his head.

Stan and I got in line. Then Bill, Eddie, and Richie noticed what was happening and got in line.

"Hey, what if we use the money I brought for tickets and use your money for food?" I suggested to Stan. He thought for a minute, then put his money into his pocket.

I bought about 16 tickets. Then gave Stan his half. I then walked towards the rollercoaster I was eyeing before. The line was slightly longer but it moved fast.

The seating was Stan and I in the front. Richie, Bill, and Eddie in the middle. Then a random couple behind us.

The roller coaster started and Eddie pulled out his inhaler and started to freak out. I rolled my eyes playfully then looked at Stan, he looked as calm as ever. Weird.

"Stan are you good there?" I asked while laughing.

"Yeah I'm fine," He looked at me confused.

"You seem oddly calm."

"On the inside I'm really dying. The place is really rickety." Then the ride started.

"That's a different point of view than I had. But now that I'm looking around, it's kinda shady."

"HOLY SHIT THIS WHOLE THING WILL CRASH RIGHT NOW."Eddie screamed.

"Yeah, hopefully your mom will walk by and soften the landing." Richie joked.

The ride sped up and I pushed down on the bar, and it wasn't very secure but oh well. I'm gonna enjoy the carnival.

I put my arms up, and screamed with joy. While Stan stood there a poker faced mess.

The ride soon ended.

"I could last longer than this ride!" Richie complained to the ride operator.

The next ride we saw was a tilt-a-whirl. The last costed 4 tickets, then this one costs 2.

We fit all five of us in the large seat. Bill, me, Stan, Richie, then Eddie.

Stan quietly spoke to me, "These types of rides are my favorite." He smiled gently. My heart fluttered.

This was probably the funniest ride. We were all laughing, screaming at each other, just all around having the best time. Then the ride ended and we only had enough tickets for one ride. And that ride would be the Ferris Wheel. It costs two tickets.

This looked like the shadiest Ferris wheel ever. One gust of wind and the cart would be shaking like a sinner in church.

Stan and I handed the person our tickets and got in our own cart. Then Bill, Richie, and Eddie got in their own about two carts behind us.

It was maybe eight o'clock now. I set my head on Stan's shoulder.

"Are you cold?" He asked me. I didn't even realize I was shivering.

"Yeah, I guess so." He then put an arm around me and pulled me closer to him. I let out a small smile. We got closer to the top. The ride paused for the people at the top. We were only five away now.

"Y/n, what are we?" Stan asked me all the sudden.

"What do you mean?"

"Like, if you're just doing this to be nice to me. Tell me now." He looked down.

The ride moved then stopped, four away now.

"Stan, what's going on are you okay?" I asked concerned.

"The past few times we've kissed, you've felt something right? It's not just me being clingy, right?" He was completely red.

"Of course Stan, what are you getting at here?"

The ride moved, three away.

"We're not just gonna be friends with benefits. We can be more, if you want to be more." He grabbed my hand, he  glanced up, then right back down. I turned to him.

"Of course I want to be more, Stan. Why wouldn't I?"

The ride moved, two away.

"I don't know. I just want you to know. That I have serious feelings for you, and I just need to do something."  He looked up permanently this time.

"Stan, I'm still confused."

The ride moved, we were one away.

"Just y/n, if what I'm about to say to you, doesn't apply to me, I understand."

"Stan, just tell me."

"Will you be my girlfriend?"  His eyes got wide.

The ride moved, we were at the top.

"Of course!" He grabbed my face and pushed our faces together. It was passionate but quick.

We were slowly moved down. The ride operator was letting people out.

We were finally let out and we stood at the exit waiting for the other three.

We started walking to the parking lot which our bikes were when Richie walked beside me.

"Are you guys like a thing?" He spoke quietly. My face went red.

"What makes you think that?" Stan asked nervously. I believe we both mentally agreed that we weren't gonna tell anyone for a while.

"Well you guys did everything but fuck at the top of the Ferris wheel-" He was getting louder with every sentence.

"Not so loud!" I whisper shouted.

"Did the other two see?" Stan asked.

"I think so, Would you like me to tell them?" Richie asked as he started to jog to Eddie and Bill.

"No, Richie I swear if they figure out. You're dead Trashmouth, dead." Stan spoke sternly.