{Chapter Five}

Stan left about an hour later, we didn't want anyone to walk in and just see us laying there

I walked out of my room and heard whispering coming from Amy's room. It sounded like her soft sweet voice. Maybe she's just playing with dolls.

I walked towards the kitchen and grabbed a granola bar, not because I wanted to, because that's all we had.

I finished the granola and I was still hungry, I might have some money left over from when I went to the diner with Regan.

I walked outside then hopped on my bike and rode to the diner. I rode so fast, I felt so free as the wind brushed through my hair.

  I arrived at the diner and sat at the window seat where Regan and I sat before.

"OH HEY y/n!" Crap. I whipped my head around and there was Richie, Bill, Eddie, and STAN. We immediately looked at each other and panicked.

"Hey maybe we shouldn't bother y/n?" Stan said trying to pull Richie back who was already fast walking towards me.

  I was shoved to the wall as Stan, then Richie sat in the same seat as me. Then Eddie and Bill sat in front of us.

"What can I get you kids?" A lady with a lack of sleep asked us.

"I would like a burger and an Oreo milkshake." I spoke.

"Basket of fries and a water" Stan said.

  Everyone else just ordered a Pepsi.

  "Hey can we share the fries?" I whispered to Stan.

"Only if I can have some of your milkshake." He whispered back.

I nodded and he nodded back.

"HEY SECRETS DONT MAKE FRIENDS." Richie complained.

"Who invited you?" Stan sassed.

"Who died and maybe you queen?" Richie retorted.

"My will to live." I spoke.

"Jesus Christ." Eddie spoke under his breath.

____________________________

  The sun was setting as me and Stan biked home.

"Hey I'm sorry the guys decided to bother you. I tried to get them to go away and-" I stopped him.

"It's alright, it was interesting." We turned down our road. But there were police cars in the driveway.

"What's happening?" Stan asked.

"I don't know." I started pedaling faster, "Hey Stan it's alright if you want to go home."

"Is everything okay?" He asked, I ignored him. I threw my bicycle down in the front yard and ran to the door and opened it. Stan kicked up his bike stand and walked with me.

Inside my house there was my mom crying on the couch, my dad consoling her and a police officer with a notepad taking notes.

"What's happening?" I asked as I took a step forward.

My mom pounced onto to me, "Thank god you're safe, we thought you were gone too."

"What do you mean?" I looked around for a moment, "where's Amy?"

"Sweetie she wasn't here when we got home, we've looked everywhere." Mom started crying again.

"No, she's here, Amy was here when I left." I went running to her room, Stan followed me.

I busted open the door, the room looked normal besides a puddle of red substance. I walked towards it, then kneeled beside it.

"Y/n don't-" Stan spoke softly.

I gently laid my hand in the  red liquid on the cream colored carpet. It was still warm. I fell onto the back, then I felt hot tears rush down my face.

Stan stood there in shock as the possible love of his life broke down.

I opened my eyes through the tears and look towards the window. A red balloon floated, then turned and showed a vague picture of Amy, finally the balloon popped. I scrambled towards the window to look out, and there was a balloon. Just jagging along its way down the street.

"Stan, will you go home please?" I asked not looking up at him.

"Y/n I don't think you're okay-"

"STAN, I'm fine. Just please." He looked at me with sadness, then turned and left.

I waited a few seconds till he left to go to my room.

I slammed the door shut behind me, then locked it. I grabbed my backpack and pulled out some Kleenexes to blow my nose.

I walked to my bookcase and grabbed my sketchbook and my pencils.

I drew what I felt, and I felt heartbroken. I drew Amy and her tiny face, then I drew the balloon, then I drew that stupid face in the tv. Which ended up looking like some deformed clown.

I flopped onto the bed and cried some more.

I stood up and looked in the wall mirror. I was a mess. My hair disoriented. My makeup sprawled across my face. I looked at the alarm clock next to my bed, it was midnight. I decided it was best to just go to sleep.