Chapter Thirteen: A Hot Reunion

A/N: This won't be edited until the novel is finished. Thanks Xx.

.......................................................................................

The sun branched high into the sky, glaring at Nixon through the car windows. He grimaced and fliched until his eyes opened, squinting at the sun.

6:56 am, the clock read. He wanted to groan and sleep again but instead he slipped out of the car and began to wander down the old road. He was far away from town, about an hour or so. He couldn't remember much, just that he had kept on driving.

The birds chirped, singing their morning songs. His head constantly pounded, the noises becoming too much. His hands began to heat, he didn't even pay attention to it. Out of no where, Nixon found himself screaming. His hands raised up into the air, blowing smoke all around the trees. The sounds stopped.

The road ended, about 20 minutes in and Nixon headed back for the car. This time he ran, pushing himself to keep speeding up no matter what he felt.

On the passenger seat of the car, his phone flashed. Renzor had just sent him a text, "Meet in the cellar. Group trip."

"Someone had a rough night." Jakub watched as Nixon strolled down into the cellar.

"Not in the mood, kid." He snarled.

"Jakub." Renzor motioned him back. "Nixon, glad you made it. A team of us are heading out, feeding spree. I want to make sure you come with me, you'll need a strong feed seems your powers aren't as hightened as ours."

"Yeah, sure." He mumbled.

Renzor gazed across the group. "Stride and Jakub. We're going to the opposite side of town. Ewan can lead Alfie and Cohen."

The two of them came forward.

"We don't usually do these kind of hunting trips." Stride stated, glacing at Elvira and Zara.

Ewan grinned. "It's about time we got back to our roots."

"We meet back here no later than sunset." Renzor declared and they all headed up for their cars, leaving Elvira and Zara behind.

"Don't get into trouble," Alfie muttered to the girls while trudging up the stairs.

"What's his problem?" Nixon whispered to Stride as they followed behind everyone else.

Stride shrugged. "It's nothin'."

The four of them piled into Renzor's truck, and the others took Ewan's fancy green sports car. Nixon assumed it would be easy for them to stay in the center of town and just pick up some ladies on their way. 

"How do we plan on feeding in the deadzone?" Nixon called from the backseat.

Renzor chuckled. "You've never spent much time down there."

"I'm more of the take-a-girl-on-a-date-and-feed kind of guy." 

"This way is better." Renzor promised. "They have stronger senses than the wealthy humans, more in touch with their roots. Seeing us almost scares them to death."

Nixon took in the old small houses that were falling apart, small trailers set up on whatever piece of yard they could find. "So where exactly do you go?"

"The old appartment buildings are the best, or if there's a campfire..." Renzor grinned, "You'll love it."

"That one." Jakub spoke up, pointing a finger to a dark building that seemed vacant. "We can clear that one out."