The Seventh Wheel; Klangst

Keith sighed heavily as he walked out of the Red Lion's hangar. Lance had acted a bit strange during their battle. Maybe Keith was a little harsh but that's because Lance........

Keith stopped. Lance hadn't done anything except clear the way of Pidge. Yeah he knocked into a couple Galra ships but that was it. Keith couldn't help but feel bad. His face became expressionless and turned into its constant frown.

(Time skip to 5 varga's later)

Keith slammed his bowl onto the table and stormed out of the dining hall. Lance NEVER missed Dinner. Especially when it was Hunk cooking the Goo. Keith walked up to Lance's door, preparing to scream at him when he heard a small

Sniff

Keith quietly opened the door and saw lance huddled on his bed, softly crying. His cheeks were stained with tear tracks and he kept gasping for air between silent sobs. Keith closed the door quietly and whispered "Lance?"

Lance screamed but looked up and smiled, his eyes puffy and red. "Oh hey Mullet!!!! Did I miss dinner!!!" But no amount of acting could hide the sadness in his eyes.

"Lance......I'm sorry if I made you feel upset earlier today. I was just stressed and I wasn't handling it well and ya know i just got a little hot-headed" Keith said, trying to make Lance feel better.

"I've actually been meaning to talk to you about something."

"What is it?"

"Well...." Lance shifted uncomfortably on his bed, trying to find the right words. "I'm considering leaving the team."

"WHAT?!"

"I just.......With Shiro back there are now six Paladins. And if I were to continue to fly or fight, then I'd have to take blue from Allura, knowing you'd want Red back. And I don't exactly have the heart to do it. She has progressed much farther than I ever did. Blue won't even let me talk to her now. So.....I'm considering stepping aside and letting the better Paladins take front and center." Lance spilled out, tears flowing again.

Keith just stood there, shocked beyond his belief. That LANCE of all people felt this way.

"Lance....." Keith said, trying to figure out how to comfort the blue paladin. "You don't need to worry about that. I'm sure things will work out! D-don't cry. " Keith awkwardly hugged Lance, blushing a bit. Lance wrapped his arms around Keith's torso and cried, feeling utterly worthless.

"I should leave the team."

"Lance McClain." Keith said, pulling Lance off his shoulder. Lance stared with wide eyes, he thought Keith didn't care enough to learn his name. "Lance McClain, you are an excellent fighter and a brilliant sharpshooter. You HAVE to be in this team. You are essential to the universe. We all care about you. And so do I."

Lance looked up and Keith locked lips with Lance's. He was amazed at how they fit perfectly. (Cough cough. Take a hint creators.) Lance relaxed into the kiss and hummed a little, entangling his fingers into Keith's mullet. Keith broke away, panting. His face was a dark red thanks to his paleness. Lance smiled and kissed Keith's nose. "Ok I'll stay. For you." Lance gently laid his head on Keith's humming "Lucky" Keith laughed "you're so cheesy"

Their heads collided together in a rough way when they heard Pidge scream "YES MY OTP HAS SAILED!!!!! SHIRO YOU OWE ME 20 GAC!!!!"

But seriously though. Even though Voltron is a "show for children" so is Steven Universe (kinda) and that's the gayest animated show I've ever seen (apart from Voltron and Yaoi anime)