Chapter ten - Romeo and Juliet

BPOV

After one hell of a night, I had to say goodbye to my baby once again. Three to four weeks maximum, that's what Alec said. To most vampires, a few weeks go by as fast as a few minutes, but to me, being away from him for only one day, seemed like a life time. And to make matters worse, he was leaving me right before our wedding. That would leave all the last minute changes and the meeting of our guests up to me. On top of that, I will have to live the next few weeks with the Cullen's. Sure they technically lived outside of Volterra for the time being, but I knew they would be around. There was no way I would not run into them. I will have to deal with it all alone. Of course I will have Jane, Aro, Marcus and Caius, but even they don't compare to my Alec.

After waving goodbye to his departing car, I decided to go to the one place I could be alone. My garden. I had a few hours before I was needed by Jane to choose the menu for the wedding, I didn't get why she needed me. I was happy with just animal, but Alec wouldn't have that. He hated the idea of Animal blood, like I hated the idea of human. So now I had to choose a range of bloods, including human, and I knew I was going to find that hard to do.

As I walked through the library and into my garden, I felt an automatic sense of peace and serenity fall over me. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes as I took a few steps into the sun. I never got enough sun. I didn't need it like the humans, but who said I still didn't enjoy it. I loved the heat it gave off, and how everything in my garden came alive once covered in its light. It was breathtaking.

I took a few moments to enjoy its rays before slowly walking over to my little gazebo. I walked inside and opened every window and door, allowing the sun to enter and light up every possible space. The sky was a perfect cloudless blue, and it was perfect for reading. After searching my book collection already in the gazebo, I settled for one of my all time favourites, Romeo and Juliet. The forbidden love between the star-crossed lovers always made my heart melt. I was reading my favorite part, when Romeo and Juliet talk on her balcony, when I heard someone chuckle from outside my gazebo door.

Standing there leaning on the piller frame, with a huge smile spread across his face was the devil himself. Edward Cullen. What was he doing here? After the way he treated me only yesterday, when he refused to shake my hand, was enough to get himself killed. He was lucky he didn't come in with the three girls before him, or else he would be dead. If it wasn't for the fact that I liked the rest of his family, I would have showed him how I felt right there. But I couldn't do it.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him, sitting up from the floor and smoothing out my dress. Since becoming Queen i had to say goodbye to my Jeans and start wearing dresses. At first it was hard, but now i love them. Today, much to Janes delight i wore a light, flowing, floor lenth dress. The soft layers of  the dark blue fabric hugged my chest before flowing down to the ground, pooling around my heels (another advantage and new found love since Queenhood). I loved this dress as it had a split up one of my legs, and it was one of Alec's favourites. Part of me hoped after i put it on he would stay, Sadly he couldnt. Although it did make our goodbye steamier.

"I'm sorry, I thought this garden was open for any vampire." he lifted his eye brow as if he was asking a question, but he knew it was open for all. 

"Oh, I'm sorry, yes it is. I'm just the only one who actually uses it, so I guess I'm shocked to see anyone else in here." I let out a small laugh as I walked towards him. He stepped back into the garden, and as I left I closed the curtain behind me. He gave me a puzzled look and I knew he was confused. "I'm sorry, the garden is open for anyone, but this place," I said gesturing to my little getaway, "is mine, and so is everything inside, so please don't go in" He nodded as I walked past him and back into the rows of flowers.