Chapter 7: Coming back

On the next day, the door on Roy's room opened short after breakfast. When he didn't hear steps, he asked: "Havoc?" "What's up, Colonel? You look quite stressed." "The Lieutenant almost died yesterday. She stopped breathing several times. But the doctors saved her." Havoc sighed. The situation was more serious than he thought. "We're lucky." Roy nodded. "I'm going to  visit her again today. I hope she will be better. But it should be alright by now. I was waiting for someone who could take me there." Havoc felt his heart sunk. It was terrible to watch the man he had known for so long and who has always been sovereign, now being so helpless. "Yeah, I will go with you." he said then. Roy held Havoc's wheelchair and they went to Riza's room. When they came, it was much quieter than yesterday. "Oh my God, she looks terrible." Havoc said. "That wasn't very polite." Roy said with acted anger. Then he asked: "How does she look like?" "She is terribly pale. Even her lips have a white fade." Then Roy sat down. He sighed. This situation cost him more energy than he thought. He heard Havoc going to the other side of the bed. A few minutes, they sat quiet, then they talked to each other.

"What do you think will happen next in the military?" Havoc asked. "I think there will be quite chaos, everyone from rank Second Lieutenant and higher will fight for their positions. I am expecting quite a mess between the Generals. Each one of them wants to become the President. I don't think their meetings will be very calm."

"Do you think Major General Armstrong has a chance? She wants the power quite badly. I think she will do anything to get that. As far as I heard, she acted like that on the Promised Day." "That's right. But I think that her actions on the Promised Day are now acting against her. I don't think she would be a bad President. But she wants it because of the power she would have. To be really great, the people of this country must come first for the President. She has shown her authority and strong will, and I think she fought bravely at the Headquarters. But she was doing it mostly for her own goals, not to save the people of this country. I don't think she is very popular by the higher-ups now. I would say the President will put her back to Briggs, she will do a great job there. Since she is in charge, we haven't had any problems in the North." Havoc thought for a while. "I am sure you would be a perfect President." Roy smiled a little bit. "I hope that General Grumman is strong enough to become the President. Things would be much easier for me." "Do you think he is the only one, who would let you stay within the military?" "Yes, I think so. He has always liked my advises, even though I have always been far under his rank. I think he could leave me here as an advisor, maybe my knowledge of alchemy would be appreciated as well." Havoc nodded. "I like your enthusiasm." Roy smiled. "You were right when you didn't let me give up. There is still much I can do for this country."

Havoc smiled. Roy accepted the fate he couldn't change. Havoc knew it was difficult. He had to go through something similar as well. But Roy wasn't going to do the same mistake as he did. Roy was going on.

"And what are you going to do next?" Roy asked. Havoc thought for a while. "Well, let's say answering phones isn't much life for me. I like much more, when there is a lot what happens around me." Roy nodded. "I understand. That is the reason why I don't want to retire. And I hope I will not have to." Havoc answered with a serious voice. "And that's why I am rejoining the military to be a part of your team again. If there is still place for me." Roy's eyes widened with surprise. "You... Seriously?" Havoc laughed. "I've had enough of sitting around and doing nothing. I am happy I could be any use to you even in that position, but I don't have any fun there. For example, in the last fight, I only knew what happened from the radio. I needed to come here to learn what happened. I can tell you, the most terrible situation was knowing the fight was over, but not knowing, whether all of you are alive or not. So, if you still want me in your team, I would like to be in the center of happening again." "You will be very welcome, Second Lieutenant." Roy said with a smile. "Thank you, Colonel."