Gone With The Wind

Florence didn't actually have a lot of possessions to pack and take to Cooper's house, she put her toothbrush, three changes of clothes, her purse, her hairbrush, two sets of pyjamas and her makeup bag into her backpack.

The problem was she didn't know how long she would be gone, she hoped she wouldn't be gone for too long, she hoped that this day had just been one big mistake and Cole would come round, she hovered at the bedside table looking at the picture of the two of them, faces close together and smiling, that had been a great day, one of the best just looking at the two of them back then made her want to weep with sadness.

Cooper looked in on her and the expression on her face showed deep sympathy, she came up behind Florence and took her hand.

"Flo I might have been a bit harsh on him back at my place, I just got really mad when you told me how he reacted, but looking back on it he probably reacted naturally, he does need to realise what he has in you, how important you are but the two of you have something good going, so if you don't want to come I'm not going to make you"

But Florence did want to go, she didn't want to be alone seven days a week waiting for him to come home, waiting for the romance she had been promised and somehow now felt robbed of, of course she loved Cole that was a simple fact of her existence now, she just wished he'd prove that he loved her more sometimes.

"No I think I will come with you Coops, if only for a bit I've missed seeing you guys"

"We've missed you too"

As they left Florence posted her set of keys through the letterbox along with a note in an envelope explaining where she had gone, she was going to think of this like a holiday.

Once in Cooper's spare room Florence hung up her clothes and then gingerly touched her stomach, it was strange to think that there was something alive in there, that a human being was growing inside her.

She hadn't ever given having children much thought, it had always been something she'd wanted to do, to start a family with someone she loved but the actual being a Mother part, that was something she hadn't given much consideration.

If she could be half the Mother that Cooper was to Amberly, that her Mother had been to her than she would have accomplished something.

Florence finally turned on her phone, something she'd been doing all day and it practically exploded with notifications, she checked her messages, this morning she'd sent out a message to most of her friends telling them that she was expecting, around ten of them had purely sent emoji's to express their delight along with their shock.

Cole had sent her nothing, nothing at all.

But she wasn't going to care about that because she was taking a break from all things Cole.

"Florence! We're watching Toy Story 3 for about the billionth time if your interested"

She grinned and turned off her phone, she was going to go downstairs and keep her head up.

Sam officially made the best hot chocolate in the world, it smelled so good, whilst working with the fair he had had picked up some of the tricks of the trade, he made it with pure chocolate and completely coated the top with thick cream and flakes, just sitting here on the sofa with Amberly's head on her shoulder and Cooper tucked up close beside her made Florence feel a part of something, this definitely beat heating up a microwave meal and eating by herself in her room.

She messaged her Mother as they watched, assuring her that everything was fine and she was just going to be staying with Cooper for a week.

Amberly fell asleep first, thumb in her mouth and leaning against her Mother, Cooper's eyes began to flicker soon after and she broke into gentle snoring, it was just Florence and Sam now, he looked at the two of them fondly and then tucked a blanket around their shoulders, he really was a one of a kind type of person and she couldn't help wondering if she and Cole would ever have such a happy family.

The screen went black as the movie ended and Sam gently nudged Cooper awake, scooping Amberly up in his arms.

"Coops put a pillow in your room right?"

Florence nodded and smiled gratefully.

"If you need anything just give us a shout"

"Thanks Sam"

"Your welcome Flo"

She walked back to her room alone, she didn't feel tired in the slightest which was strange, usually after watching a film she felt drowsy.

She felt the sudden urge to write, it switched on and off but now it was most definitely on, luckily she'd remembered to bring her laptop charger, she plugged it in and opened up a new document.

It was strange, this feeling of not knowing and knowing at the same time...

At some point between writing Florence must have nodded off because when she woke up, sunlight was streaming through the curtains and there was heavy pounding on the door, the whole house seemed to be asleep so she pulled on her dressing gown and went to the door to see who the noisy visitor was.

Cole stood at the door with distinct shadows under his eyes dressed in a grey jumper and looking absolutely wretched.

"You left me a note" was all he said.

She tried to wet her lips, somehow she'd lost the ability to speak.

And then Cole did something utterly unexpected or anticipated, he got down on one knee.

She clapped two hands to her mouth, this couldn't be happening, this was all way too crazy she'd been convinced that they were at the end of a long, long road.

"Florence Elizabeth Clarke, my behavior over the past few weeks has been utterly crap and I completely understand your decision to leave but if for a second you think I'm going to let you leave without a fight you are mistaken, your the only girl I have truly ever loved and I want to start a family with you, what you heard on the phone yesterday was shock and nothing else, and if you would do me the the greatest honour in the world and overlook my many flaws and agree to marry my life and everything I've ever wanted would be complete, so will you marry me?"

Oh God.