Chapter 19 | Choose

Taehyung's pov

We finally arrive to the hospital and I walk really fast as I carry Sujeong in my arms to the hospital. The nurse came rushing to us as they see me having a hard time with a worried expression. They took her away to the emergency room after asking me a few things like my name, Sujeong's name etc and I was also about to go in but I was stopped by the other nurse. I was told that I need to wait until the doctor come to tell me her condition but for the mean time I was told to fill up things. I was almost finish on filling the things up until a one particular question came.

Relationship with the patient:____

I paused for a while thinking what am I to her. After a whileI decided to put my relationship with her and passed it to the previous nurse who handed this fill up form to me.

Relationship with the patient: _lover_

I smiled to myself cause if I suddenly started smiling people will think I'm crazy since I kinda look depressed a while ago. Minutes turned to hours of me waiting for her results but nothing came to even just assure me and by this point I am very worried and desperate. I started to bite my lips making it chapped and I shake my legs.

I suddenly feel someone towering me and I look up to be greeted with a handsome face who look like a Korean with a little smile on his face. "Are you Mr.Kim?" And that's when I realized he was the doctor, I immediately stood up and nod my head a little bit to much  more than a normal people should. He lightly chuckled and asked to follow him, so I did. I followed him to his mini office and asked me to sit comfortably which I did almost immediately making me look so desperate which is actually true.

"Are you okay?" He asked and I would have told him 'do I look okay?!' But I didn't because I still know what embarrassment means. "Yes, I am but can you please cut the chase?" This time I said it in a more desperate way which made him sigh making me feel bad but he gave me a little smile to reassure me. He looked down and read  something which is probably papers and results from Sujeong.

It took a while before he looked up again. "As you probably know Miss Ryu is pregnant and she should be resting   with a a lot of care. From the looks of her body proportion she doesn't look like she's being taken care well." I look down in guilt but he still continue to talk "Her body is a little bit lacking on nutrients and vitamins. She looks like she's starving herself but you know what? She didn't collapse because of that." He made me curious so I look up again with a really confused face. "From the results, it seems like she have taken a wrong medication. Since the nurses took her away from you together with her bag, we found the same medicine that made her collapse. As far as I know that medicine is something that is bad for the health and can slowly kill your baby and can probably affect Miss Ryu too." I was speechless from what he said but even though I motioned him to tell me more and I was starting to think that maybe she wanted to kill the baby which starting to make me mad.

"It's good that she haven't taken a lot of that medicine but that medicine still have side effects to her body. Which means she would be weak, vulnerable and can't move that much and she need to be watch. But you know you shouldn't be mad at her." He told and I gave him a judging look before he continued what he was saying. "She seemed like she's trying her best to take care of the baby because I often see her here but I wasn't her doctor and it's actually the first time she was my patient. You know sometimes when I happen to pass by the waiting area I see often see her there. She's smiling as she caresses her tiny bump."

"And what exactly are you trying to say?" This time I cut him

"What I'm trying say is that it wasn't her intention. Who knows there's a person here who have a probably hates her or whatever. Just please have patience and trust on her." He finished his speech and suddenly there was someone who knocked on the door making us turn our heads. The doctor shouted a simple 'come in' before a nurse came inside. "Sir, Miss Ryu is awake."

.
.
.
.

The doctor and other nurses left to give us privacy and I was expecting Sujeong to give me a cold shoulder after she found out that I am that stigma. She just chuckled and said 'oh that's why it's was familiar!' with a smile. We were actually getting along and talking really well. Until I asked her about the baby again.

"You wouldn't have guessed how much I really missed you *with a genuine smile* and my love for you have never change. Actually my love for you became deeper and I'm longing for you. But... I can't. I just can't."

"I don't want to put your career on risk. Remember I promised your grandmother that I will make you happy and help you achieve your dream? That's exactly what I'm doing right now!" Sujeong said and I know she's trying her best not to break down.

"Sujeong listen! I can help too you know! Especially now. You know what Sujeong? I can't be happy without you because you are my only source of happiness. I wanna live my dreams with you-"

I was suddenly cut off by my phone ringing and I pull out my phone only to see that Jimin was calling. I scoff thinking that maybe he's just calling for fun or just to ask about me because right now my time with Sujeong is what matters to me. I wasn't gonna answer it until Sujeong told me to, so I did and put it on speaker.

"Taehyung! Thank god you answered!" I was greeted with a different voice

"Namjoon? Why do you have Jimin's phone?"

"Taehyung we NEED you here!!!!!"

"Why? You know what my situation is right?" I said as turn to Sujeong

"YES,WE KNOW BUT WE NEED YOU HERE ACTUALLY JIMIN NEEDS YOU!!!"

At this point, my interest is fully into Namjoon since I here that Jimin needs me. Jimin is the person that I'm very close to and he's been my friend since high school.

"Why?! What happened to him?! Tell me Hyung!!!"

"Jimin got into an accident! The doctor said he broke his bone and his currently in coma!! Please Taehyung. We need you here-"

Our call was suddenly cut due to the low signal which pissed me then I remembered I'm with Sujeong. I look at her apologetically and I was about to say something before she cut me off.

"Tae just go! They need you there and can't you trust me? I can take care of our baby. They need you more than I need you. You've met them before me. Please don't push them aside."
I need you

"No. You don't understand. I lov-"

"Just go."
Don't leave me

Jimin who's my long time buddy
Or
Sujeong and our baby who's my love of my life and my now family