Chapter 15

Chapter 15 ~ Blocked off

In the morning we are all packed and have left by nine to start our journey to Metal. We are all tired from all the walking and little sleep but we need to go to Metal to see Metallica and hopefully find more out about our powers.

From what I know, Metal has the best defence and electronic system. There walls are ten meters high and thick with guard towers positioned every twenty meters. They walk along the top of the wall to switch to the next tower, once every hour. Security cameras are attached to every guard tower and can be watched from the security room somewhere in the city. Citizens live inside and once inside stay inside. They are watched all day on outdoor cameras. Other than that they have normal lives. How do I know this you may ask? Well let me explain. As I child I didn't have many friends, River was my only friend. When she left my best friend became books. Does that explain well enough, I think so.

The wall is in view easily from the centre of town. We look at it in amazement from the centre of the city. Barb wire lies in curls at the top of the wall with a walk way in between for guards to walk through.

"That's amazing technology they have there." Says River, opening a small notebook and using a pencil to draw it.

"You still draw?" I ask and she nods. Before she left drawing was her hobby and one of her talents. River draws the wall quickly and it looks amazing.

"How do we pass it?" Asks Skye as we look at it. The metal blocks have been cemented together with no way through, or over by the looks of it.

"What about digging under it." I suggest.

"There's Metal placed five meters on either side of the wall." Replies River, twirling from her long brown hair. Her hair is a bit darker than mine.

"It looks impossible to pass." I say as we watch the guards start to walk to the next tower. This time passing the barrier won't be easy. Luckily we chose the part that means we won't have to cross steal. The guards stop at their next spot and take the time to get in position, checking what must be computers.

"Maybe we could blast our way through?" Suggests Skye, sarcastically.

"That might not work..." I say as we look at the wall, we need a way past.

dun Dun DAH! Cliffhanger! Sort of... What ever :) hope you enjoyed. :D⭐️