Chapter 19

We went back to my hotel when it got dark, we were standing in my bedroom, her body inches from mine. She puts her hands on either side of my face, and the room falls away. I have never gotten so lost in a kiss before. And then, the space between us explodes. My heart keeps missing beats and my hands cannot bring her close enough to me. I taste her and realize I have been starving. I have loved before, but it didn't feel like this. I have kissed before, but it didn't burn me alive. 

Maybe the kiss lasted a minute, and maybe it's been an hour. All I know is that kiss, and how soft her skin is when it brushes against mine, and that even if I did not know it until now, I have been waiting for this person forever. 

Scarlett and I laid sprawled out over my bed, both a little exhausted from our day in the sun. We listened to french music in the background. I studied the curves of her body, running my hands over the contours of her skin, mapping it in my mind. Each dimple and every beauty spot was marked as a place I had to revisit. I trailed kisses down her neck, her arms, her back - stopping right where I wanted to continue. I wanted to take things slow with her, to savor each taste. I knew my thirst for her couldn't be quenched. She was like salt water, the more you drink - the more you want to. 

"That tickles!" she giggles as I kiss her neck, hmm... I'll have to remember that spot. 

"Ehehe, I could do this forever." She turns around, her smile coloring her eyes a bright deep blue. She reaches up and strokes my cheek. Looking at me curiously and innocently like a young child seeing something new for the first time. 

"Tom," the weight in her voice tells me that she is about to say something important. "You make me," she pauses and closes her eyes, then looking up at me with complete vulnerability. "the happiest I've ever been." I feel a warmth run though my chest, like sweet golden honey filling my veins and running to each and every part of me. But I also feel the weight and responsibility that I have over her, and I wanted that. I wanted to make her happy. I wanted to protect her. 

"I'm glad darling," I kiss her forehead and pull her to me - breathing her in and with it, allowing myself to submerge into the ocean of her being. 

*****

Tom pulls me closer and kisses my forehead. I smiled, I knew that he craved me in all my forms. A forehead kiss was the best gentlemanly thing in the world. I knew he respected me and I felt safe with him. I wanted to stay in this moment for as long as I could, but after a few moments of eternity, he leaned back and I knew that I would never be the same. 

When you feel like something is missing in your life, it usually turns out to be someone. 

"So! What do you say we go have a midnight dip in the pool?" I jump up from the bed and my dress is already over my head and on the floor. He leans on his elbow and his face lights up in a paradoxical grin - both childish and enticing. 

"I'll race you!" He pulls his shirt over his head and is out the door before I can even blink. I grab him by the arm and pass him in the lobby. We both wait for the elevator, breathless and laughing. He peeks at me from the corner of his eye and suddenly bolts for the stairs. 

I run after him, the stairs seeming to disappear beneath my feet as I fly after him. This is what it felt like to fall in love with Tom. You ran after him like you've never run before. Terrified of falling and coming to a heart aching stop, but you were too consumed with him to notice that you might get hurt. So you ran after him, never having felt so exhilarated or excited. 

When we turned the corner to the pool area there was no one. He almost slipped and I ran past him. Victory was mine! I leap into the pool, hearing the splash of him behind me. I turned in victorious glory, hands in the air like I had just scored the biggest goal or accomplished climbing mount Everest. He looked gorgeous, hair pulled back dripping wet, his body soaked in the dim lighting and his face pulled in the cutest defeat. 

I think he is about to speak as he approaches me, but he suddenly lifts me up and scoops me up. I kick and laugh as he tickles me. "No fair! I win! I have bragging rights for the rest of the night! Tom, no! That tickles! Stop! I won!" 

"Ehehehe, make me!" He kisses my neck and pulls me to him as the water begins to calm. The air is suddenly much more intense than a few seconds ago as he lifts me to him, wrapping my legs around him. His lips at the nape of my neck, breathing against my sensitive skin, causing me to shake involuntarily. "Why does it feel like I'm the one who won?" I smile, he walks over to the side of the pool, pushing my back against the edge. Steadying us, the water had stilled completely and the night was quiet, all I could do was listen to his breathing and my own, much faster than his controlled intakes against my skin. "You smell so good," I close my eyes, running my fingers into his hair, pulling his closer. "God, I love it when you do that," he moans softly and stares up at me with some emotion I can't quite place.

"What is it?" He shakes his head, eyes large and beaming.

"Come with me to London?" 

"When?" he smiles excitedly.

"Two weeks from now. We're doing another show of Hamlet. I want to take you to London, I want to show you the world I grew up in. I want you to be there with me." 

"For how long? Were would I stay?" his eyes light up and I can see he's given this some thought.

"About 4 months. And I thought that part was implied, come to London with me? I want you to stay with me?" I smile, like temporarily living together... it seemed fast and out of the blue... I could see Beatrice again! Gosh I missed her...

"But what would I do all day while you rehearsed? And, we can't live together, I mean, can we? I could stay with Beatrice, I don't know, gosh I," 

"If you'd feel more comfortable living with her, you can, I mean, you can sleep over at my place when you want to, just," he bites his lip and licks the lower part - a double whammy! Oh my... "Just say yes?" I smile.

"Yes," his face lights up like New York square. 

"Yes?" he pulls me against him - smiling from ear to ear. I wanted to make him this happy everyday - I wanted to be with him everyday, so, why not?

"Yes!" He kisses me fiercely, his hands moving over my bum, pushing me against his torso. I smiled, mid-kiss, feeling all of him excited. Oh my... was that the effect I had on him?

"I can't wait to take you there! You'll love it, I hope you do. I do." 

"Then I'm sure I'll love it too! Plus, I'll get to see Bea and you too can finally meet!" 

"Yes! I would love to meet her." he pulls me to him again and we linger there, until the air becomes thick again and I know that I need either get his hands off me or get in even colder water, because I can't resist him. Especially when I can feel him want me too.

"Tom, I think, I need some air. Because, honestly, all I'm thinking of is," He looks me in the eyes, and tugs at my lower lip with him thumb - shit, I was biting my lip.

He puts his hands under my bum, lifting me higher, and gradually slipping his hands under my bikini and over my butt cheeks. Pushing me against his aroused self. I lock my fingers deeper into his hair, trying to steady myself, closing my eyes and opening them as I exhale sharply. The desires overriding my mind.

"Your whole body tells me how desperate you are for me to bring you to the peak of ecstasy." he pushes me against him, his hips arching against me, causing me to moan. "To take you, over and over again, until you forget all, but two things - the pleasure you feel when I fill you, and my name as it rips away from your lips."