chapter 1

hi! im alison. I have medium length blonde hair and bright blue eyes. im 13 and really tall, or at least that's what most people say. I have a sister who's 16, named hailey. I've always been jealous of her, she has really long brown hair and bright green eyes. she's not too tall or short. she's perfect honestly. but anyways, I live with both of my parents in moresville, North Carolina. they fight a lot, but I'm used to it. oh, I almost forgot! my neighbor and best friend, hayes grier. yes, THE hayes grier. the brother of nash. i kind if like him but it doesn't matter because he has a girlfriend, Jordan. we don't really get along, I mean i thought she was okay but she just really doesn't like me, but whatever.

"well maybe if you weren't so lazy!" my dad yells. they're fighting again.

i hear footsteps coming towards my room and my door opens.

"wanna go somewhere so we don't have to listen to this?" hailey sighs.

"please." i say and laugh a little.

"okay. and maybe ask nash and hayes to come too?" she says before exiting.

her and nash dated for two years but broke up a couple months ago. but they're on talking terms so it's all good.

i sigh. I don't even wanna bother having them go because Jordan is most likely there which means she'll have to go with us, but still i pull out my phone.

me; hey do you and nash wanna go to the mall or something like that with me and hailey?

seconds later he replies.

hayes; sure but Jordan's coming too okay?

i roll my eyes.

me; whatever be ready in ten.

i throw my phone on my bed and pull my outfit out of my closet. I choose white shorts and a blue crop top. i change into and straighten my hair and clip one piece from each side behind my head. i go to my bathroom and do my makeup, mascara with a little bit of bottom eye liner. i spray some perfume and walk out. i check hailey's room and she isn't there which means she's in the car. i grab my wallet and walk down the stairs.

"bye guys!" i yell over my mom and dad's bickering. they didn't hear me but oh well.

i walk over to the grier's and knock. seconds later nash opens.

"hey! we'll be right out just let me get hayes and Jordan." he says and before giving me time to answer he slams the door in my face.

i flinch. well okay. i walk back over to the car and hailey is sitting in the passenger seat so nash can drive, hailey isn't the best driver. i look up and see nash walking out the door, followed by hayes and Jordan who are holding hands. i roll my eyes.

nash climbs in the front and hayes gets in the other seat in the middle row next to me. Jordan just stands outside the door with her arms folded. hayes looks at me annoyed.

"ali, move so Jordan can sit by me please?" he asks but I know it's a demand. i look at hailey and she looks at me with a sorry face. i climb in the back seat and lean on the window.

I feel tears build up in my eyes but i ignore it.

"so where are we going to?" nash turns around and asks us.

"maybe we cou-" i start but I'm interrupted by Jordan.

"the mall!" she squeals and of course hayes agrees.

nash looks at me.

"ali?" he asks, wanting my opinion.

"whatever Jordan wants." i say sarcastically and he doesn't reply. Jordan rolls her eyes. nash turns around and starts driving.