chapter 21

"uh alison..?"

"yeah nash?" i ask confused.

"you've kind of been staring at the floor for like 3 minutes straight." he says awkwardly. I look up and see all the boys staring at me.

"oh um.. sorry." I say. I look at Madison and she's smirking. i roll my eyes and look away. why is she even in my house?

"so how long are you guys staying?" I asked to break the silence.

"well we're staying until friday. we're leaving friday night for magcon. it's in florida." cam says.

"oh, cool." i shrug and walk into the kitchen. matt follows me. great.

"you okay?" he asks.

"yeah. why wouldn't I be?" i asked and folded my arms.

"well i mean, a lot has happened.." he chuckled. I shrugged.

"I'm okay I guess." I forced a smile.

"well anyways, the boys wanted me to ask you if you wanted to come to magcon with us on friday?" he smiled.

do I really wanna go? I mean I love magcon and I've gained fans. I mean I have 458k on instagram and 784k on twitter, but hayes would be there. and so would Madison.

"i- I'll have to think about it." i answer.

"pleeeaaseee." he begs like a little kid while stepping closer to me.

"I don't knoww." i tease. our bodies are really close together now.

"I want you there." he whispers down my neck sending chills through my body. I smile.

"oh really?" i ask and raise an eyebrow.

"yes." he said, his lips inches from mine.

his gaze flickered down to my mouth and back to my eyes. I gave him a slight smirk and he licked his lips before crashing them into mine.

I didn't hesitate to kiss back. I moved my hands to the back of his neck and he lifted me onto the counter. our lips moved in sync and the small kiss turned into a make out session.

"uh..." we broke apart to see hayes standing in the doorway.

awkward.

I didn't say anything, I just looked at the ground.

I felt hayes' eyes burning into me so I looked at him. he had so much disappointment in his eyes. i bit my lip and it remained silent.

"we need to talk. alone." hayes said to me. I slowly nodded and slid off the counter. he walked upstairs and I followed him into my room as he shut the door.

"what the hell?" he turned around and nearly yelled at me.

"what?" I smirked.

"you guys aren't dating? because it looks like you are." he says.

"hayes why would it even matter to you? you have a girlfriend, remember?" i asked and folded my arms. he rolls his eyes.

"she's not really my girlfriend." he admits.

"wait, what?" I say confused.

"I was caught up in the moment when we had our little argument and I said that to make you jealous. we aren't actually dating." he said and looked down.

"are you kidding me?" I raised my voice. he didn't say anything, he just shook his head.

"it didn't look like you were just friends when her tongue was down your throat the day I got back. and in my living room." i rolled my eyes.

"well you just did the same thing with matt your 'just friend'" he said making air quotes around 'just friend'.

"whatever." I say.

there's a long period of silence until he mumbles, "I didn't move on."

"what?" i ask. I know I heard what he said but honestly I'm probably hallucinating because that's what I want him to say.

he looks up at me and walks towards the door.

"I said i didn't move on, but you probably don't care because you've got ma-" he starts to exit but I grab his arm, turn him around and connect our lips.

he pulls away and looks at me confused.

"like i said before, I'm not dating matt." i smile at him and he smiles back.

"I missed you." he says and pulls me into his chest. I wrap my arms around his torso and his chin rests on my head.

"I missed you too." i mumble.

we pulled away and I looked at him.

"friends?" I say and put out my hand. he looks upset at first but then fake smiles.

"friends." he says and shakes my hand.

"good now let's go back down!" I say and run out my door and down the stairs. hayes follows and I run in the living room. all the guys are sitting on the couches talking.

"are you two good now?" cam asks and I nod. hayes stands beside me smiling.

"well good, cause we're going ice skating. get ready!" he says excitedly.

"okay." I laugh. I run up to my room and change into tribal leggings and a red magcon hoodie that hayes gave me with a sports bra underneath. I brush out my hair and apply some mascara. I slide socks on my feet, go downstairs and slip on my boots and go outside. I open the door and they're all on my porch. oh.

"ready to go?" I ask and they nod. we literally have to take like 4 cars.

i ride with cam driving, matt in the passenger seat, me madison and hayes in the back and hayes is in the middle.

everyone talks and I look out the window. hayes has him arm around Madison and she's leaning on him.

I don't really pay attention to the conversation but cam says something that catches my attention.

"so.. are you two like dating?" he says to hayes and Madison. I don't move I just listen.

"kind of i mean I don't know really." hayes shrugs. I tense up. he just said they weren't. is he being serious right now?

I shift my body and lean back in the seat with my arms folded. I look down at my phone as I scroll through twitter.

"we're here!" cam yells excitedly and jumps out of the car. I get out and walk to matt. he grabs my hand and intertwines our fingers and I smile. I look at him and he is too. I place and small kiss on his cheek and we walk to get our skates and stuff.

***

"matt! wait! I can't do this!" i yell in between laughs. I'm literally gripping the wall for dear life right now. matt skates up to me and grabs my hand and we start skating.

he's a pro at this. I don't understand, I can barely stand up.

we skate around and I start to get the hang of it.

"I'm doing it!" i shriek excitedly.

"good job, baby." he chuckles.

woah what. he just called me baby. why do I feel butterflies?

we continue to skate around and around over and over again. I look over to see hayes and Madison, they're holding hands of course. I don't care anymore.

im gonna move on from hayes, all he does is lie to me and I'm not putting up with it. I'm done with lies. I'm done with mixed emotions. I'm done.

done with him.

-----------------

this update literally took me like a week but idk why. it's probably because I got addicted to a nash fanfic & now I can't stop reading it. oops.

im gonna go now because my mom ordered me pizza so byee.

& tysm once again for 1k.

twitter; adorkablehayes

ig; grierbenjamin