chapter 4

hayes' pov.

"hayes! breakfast!" my mom yelled and my eyes opened.

i sit up and remember today is Alison's party. Jordan and I started talking again, and she's trying to get me to skip the party for her. I can't do that to ali though, she's my best friend. i really hope she likes my present, my mom helped me pick it out. that sounds kind of lame but it's true, it's a best friends scrap book with pictures of us from when we were 4 until now.

"hayes hurry up!" my mom yelled again.

"im coming!" i groaned while standing up and walking down stairs. i sit at the table beside skylynn.

"morning sky," i say and take a bite of my waffles.

"good morning hayesie." she giggles. i smile and continue to eat.

"hayes, I think after you eat you should go help alison set up for her party." my mom says.

i nod and finish up my food. i go back to my room and get dressed.

i put on khakis and a black shirt with long nike socks and nike sandals. i walk downstairs and outside over to Alison's and knock on the door. a few moment later she opens it.

"hey!" i smile.

"hi." she smiles back. "not to sound rude, but what are you doing here?" she laughs.

"I came to help you set up," i smirk.

"okay, well I mean everything's good pretty much i just need to clean." she shrugs.

"well let's get to it!" I say.

"you're a dork." she smirks and we walk inside.

i turn on music so it's not as quiet and started sweeping. I was dancing as I swept and she laughed at me.

"what?" I smiled.

"oh, nothing." she giggled.

I just smiled back and finished cleaning.

*****

-party time-

Alison's pov.

me and hayes had the food and everything set up for a while. we were sitting on the couch watching pretty little liars, it's my favorite show. hayes was confused the whole time because it was the first time he had ever seen it.

the door bell rang and I jumped off the couch and ran to the door. I opened it and taylor was here.

"hey!" she smiled and hugged me.

"happy birthday!"

"thanks," i smiled.

she walked in and put my present on the table. we left the door open and went in the other room. I turned on the music and slowly people piled in. i invited around 100 people. I may have overdone it, but it's the first real party I've been aloud to have. I was talking to a couple of my friends; taylor, kenzie, Caitlin, and nikki. I realized I had barely talked to hayes all night so I went to find him. I looked all over until i finally found him. i filled with anger as I realized who the strawberry blonde he was talking to is. Jordan.

one of Jordan's friends, madi, tapped Jordan's shoulder and pointed to me and hayes turned to see me standing there. he looked sorry, but at the same time he really didn't. I turned around and walked back over to my friends. they were in the middle of a conversation.

"what's wrong?" Caitlin asked when she noticed me.

I just shook my head. I didn't wanna talk about it. I was really mad Jordan was here, I didn't invite her. hayes probably did.

"where's taylor?" I asked.

"she's-" kenzie started.

"CAKE TIME EVERYONE." I heard taylor yell. I walked over to the table she was standing at and people started to surround me. taylor lit the candles and I looked around, hayes wasn't anywhere to be seen. I wish I could say I was surprised, but Jordan was here so I could expect it.

everyone started singing and when they finished I blew out the candles. after everyone had went away i started to look for hayes again. I looked outside and in all the rooms. I went to my living room and found him, but I wished i hadn't.

there was hayes, along with Jordan, full on making out. I stood in the doorway and they didn't notice me. I felt my eyes fill with tears but I didn't let them escape. they pulled away and smiled at each other, and then hayes realized I was standing there. he looked at me and opened his mouth to say something but I didn't wanna hear it. i ran to my room pushing through all the people here and locked the door. I collapsed on my bed and stared at the ceiling. I know me and hayes weren't dating, but Jordan broke his heart and he forgave her already? he led me on. I actually thought he liked me. im so stupid!

someone knocked on the door and, "ali?" followed.

i recognized the voice, it was hayes.

"what do you want?" I muttered.

"let me in please."

"why?"

"please."

I sighed and gave in. when I opened the door hayes came in with something in his hand. he shut the door behind him and looked at me.

"im sorry. i know you don't like jordan and i invited her to your party. I shouldn't have but it's just, I really like her. but things aren't gonna be like they were when we were first dating, you're my best friend and nothing will change that. I'm not gonna treat you like crap. I shouldn't have invited her to your party, but maybe I can make it up to you?"

he said as he handed me a box.

"what's this?" I asked.

"see for yourself." he cheekily smiled.

I opened the box to find a scrap book. I flipped through the pages, they were pictures of us growing up.

"awh, hayes!" i smiled.

he smiled back at me and pulled me in for a hug. when he pulled away we looked right into each other's eyes and something unexpected happened...

he kissed me.

-----

hey guys! I need to update more often omg. I hope you like it so far! i suck at writing sorryyy. byee!