chapter 3

**2 weeks later**

alison's pov.

it's been about two weeks since hayes and Jordan stopped talking, aka when he caught her cheating. we've hung out every day since then. it's the middle of June and my birthdays in a couple days. I can't wait for my party, it's gonna be big this year. we're having it tomorrow night because it's a Thursday so tomorrow will be friday. I've been laying in bed for like three hours doing nothing because im the laziest person you'll meet. i put my phone down and lay back because I'm still tired. my eyes shut and my door creaks open. i look up and it's hayes.

"oh hey!" i say while throwing the blanket over my face.

"why are you covering your face?" he laughs.

"because I look terrible, i haven't got out of bed yet." i mumble through the blankets.

I hear him walking over and i peek my face out.

"you look beautiful." he smiles and i blush.

"what should we do today?" he asks.

"you choose." i say standing up and putting my arms up to stretch. hayes pokes my stomach causing me to laugh.

"hayes don't do that!" i laugh, imitating Carter's mom.

"i think, we should go to the beach." he says.

"yes!" i squeak and he laughs at me.

"can we invite taylor, too?" i ask.

"sure, as long as I can bring brandon." he smirks. brandon is hayes' best friend. him and taylor have always had a thing for each other.

"why would I care." i say and giggle.

we both pull out our phones and text away. taylor and brandon can both come. hayes goes home to change and i pick out my bikini. it's black and white polka dotted. i put my hair in a messy bun and walk downstairs. i pack a bag with stuff I'll need for the day and go outside to meet hayes. we start walking since we can't drive and the beach is close.

"soo.." i start.

"yeahh." he says.

it's awkwardly silent, hayes seems to be acting different today.

"how are things with Jordan?"

I know it's a touchy subject, but still.

"we still aren't talking. i just still can't believe she would do that."

i shrug. we arrive at the beach and put our stuff down. we see taylor and brandon and wave them over to us.

"hey guys!" i smile.

"hey." taylor says. she sounds like she's in a bad mood.

"I haven't seen you in forever ali!" brandon says and pulls me in for a hug. I laugh and hug back.

"right?"

hayes and brandon run to the water while me and taylor put on sun tan lotion and lay out.

"GET OUT HERE." we hear brandon and hayes yell. we laugh and ignore it. seconds later i feel cold hands lift me up. i look and it's hayes. he starts running towards the water.

"HAYES STOP." i scream. but before I know it he throws me in the water. i come up.

"I hate you." i say and fold my arms. he gives me a pouty face and i laugh.

"well if you hate me, then I guess you're not getting my birthday present for you." he smirks.

"I'm kidding hayes." i roll my eyes.

"but we still do need to go get stuff for my party." i say.

"oh yeah! maybe we can stay for another hour and then me and you can go shopping?"

"sure. and I think since you threw me in the water you should buy me a smoothie." i smirk.

"deal," he says and we get out of the water. i walk over and sit by taylor and brandon on our towels and hayes walks to the smoothie place.

"hey guys!" i smile. they wave even though we're right next to each other. I get out my phone to check my notifications and i see twitter blowing up. i open the app and look at some of the tweets that say things like;

'are hayes and Jordan back together?!'

'awh, jayes is back. poor alison.'

I get confused. i look over at hayes who's in line for the smoothies and talking to someone. my eyes finally focus and I realize who the strawberry blonde that he's talking to is, Jordan.

why does this have to happen? everything was going so perfect.

"you okay ali?" taylor asks.

I didn't realize I was still staring over at them talking. i turn to her.

"yeah, I'm fine." i say with a slight smile. i look at them again and the tears build up as hayes kisses her cheek before walking back over to us. he hands me my smoothie.

"hereeee you go." he smiles.

i try to smile but I realize it's not working.

"you okay ali?" hayes asks before sipping his smoothie. i just nod.

I can't believe this is all happening, especially right before my party.

-

hey guys! i was gonna write more but I'm really tired haha. well okay, I'll try and update tomorrow, goodnight!

ig; @hayes.awh

twitter; @adorkablehayes