chapter 9

Alison's pov

I slowly opened my eyes and looked around. I fell asleep on the couch. hayes wasn't beside me anymore. I smelled pancakes and bacon so I crawled off the couch and went to the kitchen. I looked and saw hayes trying to cook but burning everything. I started laughing and he looked at me. I walked over to him and took the pan off the stove.

"how about we just have cereal today, and tomorrow i'll help you make breakfast." I smiled and he nodded in agreement. I threw the burnt food away and got out the cereal. I got out two bowls and hayes got the milk and we pour it and put the stuff away and sat down to eat.

"did you sleep good?" he asked while taking a bite of his cereal.

"yeah, how about you?" I asked.

"great." he smiled.

just then my phone vibrated. I had a text from an unknown number.

unknown number;

hey girl! it's Jordan :) I know we've had our problems but i really want to work them out and become friends. (:

my jaw dropped at the thought that Jordan would actually say this.

"are you okay?" hayes asked.

"oh, yeah im fine!" I said.

"we should get ready for the lake!" I said while standing up and putting my bowl in the sink.

"okay.." he says and I run to my room. I text back the unknown number.

to; unknown

oh, sure. (:

I know that's probably not the best idea but oh well.

i slip on my red strapless bikini and put my hair in a messy bun. I grabbed my towel and phone and walked downstairs to meet everyone getting ready to leave.

"let's goo!" my mom said while almost pushing us out the door.

we all piled in the car. nash in the front, me in the back middle, and hailey and hayes on each side of me. we drove to the lake, blasting music on the way. when we finally got there we all climbed out. we layed our stuff out and put on sunscreen.

"wanna ride the jet ski with me?" hayes asked.

"sure, but don't kill me." I smirked.

"I'll try my best." he said putting his hands up like he was surrendering. I laughed and we walked over to the jet ski.

he got on the front and I got on behind him. he started driving and I wrapped my arms around him. we went really far out so no one could see us. we were going really fast and it was really fun.

suddenly we started going slower and slower.

"hayes why are you slowing down?" i asked.

"im not..." he said. the engine came to a stop.

"shit." he said under his breathe as he punched the handles.

"well were stuck.." he said turning to face me.

"hayes calm down it's not that bad." I laughed.

he looked up at me and smiled.

"I'm just glad im stuck with you and not someone like nash." he said causing me to blush.

I scooted closer to him and we say there for a minute. I looked at him and started to lean in and he did too. our lips were about to meet but instead he pushed me into the water. when I came up i folded my arms and looked at him.