chapter 7

hayes' pov.

"I think we need to get back home before my mom gets concerned." alison said. she was looking in the ground. what had gotten into her?

"you don't wanna stay a while?" I asked, hoping she would snap out of it. she acted like She was with a serial killer.

"n-no." she trembled.

"okay. are you sure everything's alright?" I asked again.

"yeah. I'm just not feeling well." she shrugged.

"okay." I said and started walking.

it was silent, it wasn't an awkward silence, but it wasn't a comfortable one either.

I reached for her hand and held it lightly, she didn't really react. i intertwined our fingers and looked at her. she still looked down.

I stopped walking and she looked at me.

"please tell me what's really wrong with you." I said.

"I told you i don't-" she started but i cut her off.

"I know you're lying. something else is wrong. what is it?" I snapped. I didn't mean to snap at her but she's really making me mad.

"hayes, you wouldn't understand." she said.

"what wouldn't I understand? I've know you for 9 years alison. I think I know you well enough to understand." I said and folded my arms. she looked at me.

"you know what hayes? it's you. you go back and forth from me to Jordan. I mean really? last night you kissed Jordan and smiled at her just like you did to me a minute ago. and by tonight you're back to me? and we aren't even dating! I don't want to be taken advantage of or used. I really like you but I don't think you like me like you say you do. and I feel like you're just gonna abandon me." her voice cracks at the end.

it takes me a while to process what she just said. does she really believe i would do that to her?

-Alison's pov-

i started backing away from him as my eyes filled with tears. im so fragile, but it's not like i don't have a reason. my dad cheated on my mom when I was younger, he went back and forth from the other girl to my mom, but they ended up together. but still, I don't want to go through something like that. I saw how much it tore my mom apart. it was terrible.

he started walking to go home.

"w-where are you going?" I asked shaky.

he stopped and turned around.

"it shocks me that you could believe for a second that I would abandon you or hurt you. after being friends for 9 years? whatever. I'm going home." he turned around and started walking again.

"hayes i-" I tried to speak.

"it's fine, I get it. im a jerk. it's that simple. you don't have to try to sugar coat it alison." he said. he was being harsh. I felt bad. I don't know why I would ever think hayes would do anything that bad to me.

"hayes, im sorry." i said barely loud enough to hear.

he stopped in his tracks.

"i just got- scared. after my dad cheated on my mom he went back and forth and it hurt my mom so much. I didn't want anything like that to happen to me, but then I realized who I was talking about. i forgot how sweet of a person you are. and I know that you would never do that. im so sorry hayes." i said, my voice cracking at the end

he turned around and i forced myself to crack a nervous smile. he smiled back at me. I started running towards him and he opened his arms when I got to him I jumped on him and wrapped my legs around him. he held me for a couple seconds and it felt amazing.

"you being mad at me sucks." I mumbled into his shoulder.

"I was mad for like 2 minutes." he laughed.

"worst two minutes of my life." I said. I lifted my head up and looked at him. we smiled at each other. his blue eyes looked so perfect in the moonlight.

"just kiss me already." I said and his lips crashed into mine.

tonight was truly perfect.

-----------

hey guys! I thought this chapter was cuteee. if you're reading this right now comment so I know who actually reads my stories because it feels like no one does hahah.

twitter: adorkablehayes

ig; @hayes.awh