Chapter 9

When I went back to see that girl, I found her dead! I'm terribly shocked to see her in that condition." I guess there is a big background behind this murder. If I investigate properly, i may find some sort of effective clues. But now the only eye witness, Karishma Kapoor was murdered by some stranger. Who would have done this? What's their motive? Is someone related to Bhairav Singh?" All these questions circled in my mind. I was hiding behind the window of Karishma's room. If i go out now, people would suspect me to be the killer. I jumped from the balcony and escaped from the spot. I got a cab and reached my place safely.

"It was Mrinal. I'm sure it was him. But what was he doing at this place and at this hour?", Arusha said to herself. Police arrived and asked me about her parents. Karishma has only her mom and i already informed her. She lives at Delhi and will reach here by tomorrow morning. The police marked the spot of the murder and searched everywhere for clues. They left the place after their investigation. I found a watch at the window step where Mrinal was hiding , and i took that quietly and hid it in my handbag. I know he wouldn't have done this murder. So i have to save that innocent and find the true murderer involved in both cases.

I got a message from that unknown number again. I opened it and the message was :" I saw you at Karishma's place today and i got your watch at the murder spot". "Oh No! I got trapped well. How am i gonna come out of this? By the way who is that person messaging me?" My curiosity went beyond its limits. I replied back, "Yup, i came there today and i missed my watch. Who are you? I want to meet you in person tomorrow. It's really urgent""I suddenly got a thought whether it would be my Arusha? If so, how am I gonna face her tomorrow. If she thinks me to be the murderer, I will never get her back. I am totally confused", thinking of these things drove me mad.

 I am totally confused", thinking of these things drove me mad

I messaged him about today. He replied me saying he wants to meet me tomorrow. I will get solutions for many of my doubts . I replied him, "See you at city center by 10 Am" . Its already 3 PM now. Let me get some sleep so that from tomorrow I will start my investigation in Karishma's case to bring out the truth. I got a call from Karishma's mom and it was 7 Am. I went to airport to receive her. She was mentally broken since she lost her only family. The police came and enquired her. She performed all the rituals and buried her body in the cremation ground. I cannot accept the fact that my Karishma died leaving me all alone.                          

***All our memories flashed in me. We bunked together our economics class on her birthday and went to a forest to celebrate it. She blow candles sharply at 12 PM. I cannot forget that day. Not only that day but everyday i spent with her. It was very special for me to cherish. Love you forever Karishma!.***                                                                                                                                                          

Tears were flowing like a stream. I can't move an inch from that place. I took Karishma's mother to my home and told to my mom to give her some breakfast. It was now 10:30 Am. I messaged him saying that, "I will be in the spot within 20 mins".

I got the message from that unknown sender saying she will be in another 20 minutes. I attended Karishma's funeral and got a cab to reach the city center." At the funeral i saw my Arusha. She seemed to be too depressed. She cried like the world has end today. Yup! its her nature to love her friends like hell. She used to be too much attached with her sister and friends. I can feel her grief. I will definitely find the murderer forsake of my Arusha and to pay back Karishma's friendship".