Chapter 17

I opened my eyes and came back to senses. The nurse in the hospital told me I was in coma for three months. I asked about Arusha and she told that Arusha was sent to the jail for shooting me. I was shocked. In this three months how much had my Arusha suffered in that jail. I want to save her. I came to know from my friend that there is a final hearing for Arusha after three days. I got myself discharged from the hospital and immediately collected all the evidences to save Arusha. It was the day of final hearing. The judge is about to give judgement. I suddenly interrupted the court. Seeing me, Arusha came running to me and hugged me tightly. She cried and her tears said me how much she missed me and suffered alone in this cruel world. I wiped her tears and said "Wait for few minutes. Let's get married then". She was astonished by my words.

I went to the judge and gave all the evidences I collected in three cases. Firstly, the murder of Karishma's neighbour was by Bhairav Singh. I gave evidences supporting my theory. I gave them the blood stained shirt of Bhairav which matches the victim. Karishma is an eyewitness who confessed it to Arusha. Then, in Karishma's case, I gave them the syringe containing the fingerprints of Riya and the CCTV footage showing her identity. Finally, the CCTV footage of the restaurant in which I got shot was handed over to the court. It was clear that Arusha stood near me and someone from the other side shot me. Now it was clear for all in the court that it was a trap by Riya and Bhairav. So the court declared Arusha to be innocent and arrested Riya and Bhairav. It was twenty minutes over by now. I went to Arusha and said, "Baby, shall we marry? She was blushing hearing those words from me and nodded her head saying yes.

Mrinal appeared to the court suddenly and proved me to be innocent within 20 minutes. After the judgement, he came to me and asked" baby, shall we marry now?" This idiot always makes me blush in the public by saying those romantic words. I nodded my head and he immediately dragged me outside. First we went for shopping to buy bride dress. He had already made arrangements for our marriage in some register office through his friend. We reached there by 5 pm. It was September 1, 2017. We exchanged our garlands. When he tied Mangalsudra in my neck, it was around 5:20 pm. My heart was beating like a race horse. I'm getting nervous, but still happy since he is going to be with me for the rest of my life. We finished all the formalities by 6:30 pm and his friend dropped us in his apartment by 7 pm.

We got dresses for our wedding and reached the sub registrar office by 5 pm. My friend made all the arrangements prior to our arrival. Finally we got married and I made Arusha all mine. I want to see this smile in her face all through my life. We completed all the procedures in the office. I called Aditi and told I will return by tomorrow Evening to New York and hanged the call. My friend dropped us in our apartment. It was now 7 pm. I'm so happy that I got my Arusha and saved her from those evil. Our new phase of life has begun.

 Our new phase of life has begun