Chapter 16

I went to cafe to meet Mrinal in person. When I entered, the cafe he was sitting in a table at the right corner. I reserved the entire cafe today to propose him. I am really excited in confessing my love for him. I went near him and said "I love you, Mrinal..." I didn't even complete my proposal. Before that, someone shot Mrinal. He fell in the ground in front of my eyes. I was frozen in terrible shock. I shouted for help and none turned out. After few minutes, ambulance came along with police. They took him to hospital and the police suspected me for killing Mrinal. I was handcuffed by the police and took me in their jeep. I shouted "Leave me; I want to be with my Mrinal, please". They didn't allow me to go and a lady police slapped me. Tears were flowing like flood. My heart was aching. I want to see his face. I want to look after him until he recovers.

Three days passed in jail and no one came to rescue me, Even my Papa and mom. I didn't eat for two days since I protested to see Mrinal. Police didn't even pity me. After a week, they allowed me to see him. They took me to hospital and I saw him through the hole in the glass door of the ICU. The doctor came and I asked his condition. He told they saved him but he didn't gain consciousness." He was in coma now. Oh no! Am I alive to see him in this condition? Now I have no one by my side other than him. Why all of the sudden my life turned into a tragedy?" Tears rolled down my eyes. The lady police immediately dragged me saying my visiting time was over. We reached the station. I have my first hearing tomorrow. I decided to accept the punishment and Die in this jail.

 I decided to accept the punishment and Die in this jail

I can't even imagine a life without Mrinal. It's better to die here rather than live outside with Mrinal in that condition. Next day, Riya was public prosecutor for this case. She turned me as an accused of this case and Karishma's case too. The judge asked for more evidence. I yelled at the court "I don't want to live in this world without Mrinal. So, please give me punishment". The court was then dismissed.

Three months passed this way. It was my fifth hearing. The case was not closed yet due to lack of evidences. Riya was trying her best to manipulate the evidences against me. No one knows and believes me to be innocent. Riya was giving some evidences to the court and I was standing in the cage. Suddenly, someone shouted, "Will you please give me a chance to speak?" It was a familiar voice. I turned back to see the person. I was terribly shocked to see him here. It was none other, my Mrinal. I ran down from the cage towards him and hugged him tightly.

 I ran down from the cage towards him and hugged him tightly

He cried saying "Iam sorry Arusha for coming late". Tears came from my eyes and he wiped itdown. He told me "Let's get married within an hour. Please give mesome time to complete few tasks". He went to the judge and handed over fewdocuments. He was carrying some documents. I was astonished to see him. "Itshould not be a dream for sure". That was the only thought running in mymind now. After an hour he came to me and said, "Come on dear, let'sget married".