Chapter 20

Arusha came to my table and sat opposite to me. I was speechless in front of her, her gorgeous looks and innocent heart. She called me "Mrinal, your phone is ringing". I just came back to my senses from my dream land. It was call from my boss. He wants to meet me immediately since there was some emergency. "Oh no! How am I going to convince Arusha and go back to work. I will definitely spoil her mood". All these thoughts ran through my mind and I became very nervous. Arusha calmly asked me, "Mrinal is there any emergency? If you have to finish some work, I will let you go. But I need to ask you something now". What would be that? I'm shocked with her.

I went near him and sat opposite to him. He was staring at me for a long time. I heard his phone ringing; I gave him the phone. He answered the call and showed a serious face. I understood some important work came up for him. This is correct time to open up my problem. I told him if you have some important work, I will let you go, but you should answer one question. I continued, "Mrinal, I'm really bored to sit at home, so would allow me to go for a job, please?"

She asked me to allow her to work. Even though I don't want her to suffer, I will give her full freedom to do whatever she likes. I nodded my head saying "yes". Then, I sent her home in my car and I took a cab for my office. Going to my office, I came to know from my chief that our office got more funds from great business typhoon, Mr. Mathew. In tomorrow's news I should cover up his story and his good deeds. My goodness! He saved our channel from getting drowned. I started my research about him, his business tactics, and his good deeds. It was already early morning. "Surely Arusha will smash if I go home now. Oh no! Please God help me to calm my sweetheart". I entered and found her Sleeping in the couch. I got freshened and got ready for work. When I came out, I saw a note left by Arusha on the dining table. She prepared the breakfast and wrote that she is leaving for her interview. "Wonder women my darling is!" thinking this I smiled to myself. Then I left to work.

I waited for him whole night. But he didn't turn home until early morning. Whole night I prepared for my interview. Yes! I'm going to apply for reporter at WGN news. I studied some hints from the books in Mrinal's cupboard. I felt that Journalism was really awesome. When I woke up, he was getting ready in the room. I prepared him breakfast and got ready for the interview. Then, I left to the interview leaving a note at the dining table.
I reached the office. It was three storeyed building with a flint glass covering. There was board "WGN" news at the top of the building. Many people are busily preparing for the interview. First we had written test. They picked about 20 members from that and conducted a group discussion. The GD is regarding smuggling cases in New York. I actively took part in this since Mrinal's case file had many details about this. They filtered few candidates for final round. It was about 7. We had final interview. All the candidates stood in front of Mike. The panel members sat in front of us. They displayed a video for us. It was related to a bank theft. We all explained in our own perspective. The interview got over and all were waiting eagerly for the results. They announced the results. Three got selected. It was Aman, Jennifer and me. "Yay! I got it". I felt like dancing now. Since, it was my work place I remind calm. I got the cab and went to Aditi's house to tell her about my job. All were happy. I also messaged Mrinal. Coming home I'm dancing like crazy. I'm so happy. It is my first job. He called me back saying "Congrats baby and today also I won't come home night" and hanged the call. My mood got totally spoiled.

 My mood got totally spoiled