CHAPTER ONE: SCHOOL'S OUT

"Holland? Holland Taylor?" asked the teacher

     "Holland? Holland Taylor?" asked the teacher. The girl rolled her eyes. 

     "Holly." she answered. The old man looked up from the paper. "Excuse me?" he asked, stepping toward Holly's desk. She rolled her eyes once more. "It's Holly. Just Holly." replied the brunette, a rude undertone in her voice. "Fine. Holly." He stepped back, clearly disgruntled. Holly leaned into her seat and tapped her pencil on the desk as the class settled.

     "Miss Taylor, would you please stop that tapping and find something to do?" asked the teacher. "Can I just use the bathroom?" she asked, very annoyed. The old man sighed. "If you really need to." Holly got up and walked out of the room quickly, slamming the door behind her. What was she supposed to do? I mean, c'mon, it was the last day of school. And she had a substitute. Like, who does that?

     Holly walked towards the bathroom, pulling a cigarette out of her back pocket. She reached into her pocket, hoping to find her green lighter but was only met with disappointment, as she couldn't find it . "Ruby, stupid bitch." Holly grumbled to herself, a smile on her face, nonetheless.

      As she walked into the bathroom, she saw a girl filling up a trash bag with water and the frizzy-haired Greta Keene talking to a closed bathroom stall. The girl filling up the trash bag walked into the stall next to the one that Greta was talking to and climbed on the toilet.

     "What is it, Greta? Am I a slut or a piece of shit? Make up your mind." said a monotone voice in the stall. The girl talking to the stall smirked. "Oh, you're gonna get it, Marsh." replied Greta as she nodded towards the blonde girl with the trash bag. Before Holly could react, dirty water spilled out from the bag and onto the girl in the stall. Greta and her friend laughed. As they walked out, Greta pushed Holly against the wall.

    "Hey, would you look at that? It's the whore part two! What, are you and Marsh gonna have a slut-fest in here and invite all the boys or something?" she exclaimed. Holly scoffed. "Please, I don't need to do that. You know that I get way more action than you ever could, your dad has bigger boobs than you!" she answered. Greta glared as Holly one last time as she walked out of the room.

     Holly rushed over to the stall, which had brown water pooling all over the white floor, and knocked on the door. Whoever was inside slid the lock open and pulled it open. Inside sat a soaking wet redhead named Beverly Marsh, a distinguished cigarette in her hand.

     "I'm gonna kill her." Beverly mumbled. Holly laughed. "C'mon, we should get you cleaned up." Holly replied. Beverly walked out and towards the hand dryer and paper towels. As Beverly dried off her clothes the best she could, Holly took some towels and rung out her hair. With Beverly as dry as she could get, she stepped back and wiped her hands on her clothes.

     The girls lounged by the sink. "Hey, can I borrow your lighter?" asked Holly. Beverly nodded and fished a black lighter and a cigarette out of her bag. She lit her cigarette and threw Holly the lighter. Holly tossed the lighter into the backpack. Beverly took a long drag of smoke, held it in for a second, and blew out. Holly smiled. "My God, you have no idea how glad I am that it's summer." Holly said. "You and me both, Holly." replied Beverly. They both giggled and talked some more.