CHAPTER TWELVE: THE FIGHT

Saturday, July 15th, 1989

"You! You did this. You know how delicate he is." snapped Sonia Kaspbrak, who was dragging her son, Eddie, by the back of his next towards their old car. The group rode back to Eddie's as fast as possible, Eddie riding one-handed and groaning the whole time. Sonia had stepped out of her house when she saw the kids riding down the street, gasping when she saw Eddie.

     "We were attacked, M-M-Mrs. K." stuttered Bill Denbrough. "No! No! Don't try and blame anyone!" she yelled, shoving Eddie in the front seat. Her son sat in the car with a solemn face, not even daring to look at his friends. "Mrs. K, I s-s-s-" Bill started but was cut off. "No! No! You are all monsters. All of you! And Eddie is done with you, do you hear me?" yelled Mrs. Kaspbrak, dropping her keys.

     "Here, let me he-" Beverly started, bending down to pick them up. "No! Stay back!" Sonia wheezed, grabbing them with her sausage fingers. "Oh, I've heard of you, Miss Marsh." said Mrs. K. She stepped closer towards the young girl. "And I don't want a dirty girl like you touching my son." she finished, stepping towards her car. Holly was boiling with anger.

      "Mrs. Kaspbrak." she said sweetly. The woman looked at her. "Never talk to Beverly like that again, especially in my presence." Holly said, smiling. Sonia was dumbfounded. "Excuse me?" she asked. "You heard me. 'Bye!" said the girl. "Listen here, Little Miss Attitude. I know about you and the things you do, so I advise you not to speak to me like that. Or else." growled Mrs. Kaspbrak. "Oh, but I just did. 'Bye-bye, now!" Holly said smugly as she waved. The woman grumbled something, got in her car and drove off.

     The group walked into the road, watching the car drive off with one of their best friends. "I saw the well." Bill said suddenly. "W-we know were It is, and-and next time we-ll be better prepared." "We can kill It when we go back." Holly said, nodding. The group was silent for a second, looking at Bill and Holly with shocked faces.

     "No!" Stanley yelled. "No! No next time, Bill. You're insane." "Holly was about to step in when Beverly spoke up.  "Why? We all know no one else is gonna do anything." she said. Stan took a deep breath, smoothed out his green shirt, and was about to reply when Richie started spluttering.

     "Eddie was nearly killed!" he yelled. "And look at this motherfucker! He's leaking Hamburger Helper!" Richie said, pointing towards Ben's bloody stomach. Holly scoffed. "We can't just pretend it's gonna go away. Ben, you said it yourself. It comes back every twenty-seven years!" Beverly exclaimed.

     "Fine! I'll be forty and far away from here. I thought you said you wanted to get out of this town, too." Ben exclaimed, looking at Beverly. "Because I wanna run towards something. Not away." Beverly replied. "I'm sorry, who invited Molly Ringwald into the group?" Richie said. Bev silently held up her middle finger to him.

     "Richie-" Stan started. "I'm just saying. Let's face facts! Real world! Georgie is dead. Stop trying to get us killed, too." Richie said, taking a step towards Bill. "Georgie's not dead!' bill said fiercely, standing over Richie. "You couldn't save him, but you can still save yourself." said the boy in the glasses. 

     "No! T-t-take it back! You're scared, we all are. But take it back!" Bill yelled, pushing his best friend. Richie pushed him right back. Bill suddenly swung at his face, knocking Richie to the ground. "Bill!" Beverly yelled. "You're just a bunch of losers! Trying to get yourselves killed by some stupid clown!" screamed Richie, being held back by Mike and Stan. Ben grabbed Bill, pulling him back words. Holly stood next to Beverly.

     "Stop!" Beverly yelled. "This is what it wants, to divide us." "We were all together when we heard it. That's why we're still alive!" Holly exclaimed, cutting in. "Yeah? Well, I plan to keep it that way." Richie snapped, walking off. "Richie." Holly said, grabbing his arm. "Get off me, you slut!" Richie yelled, pulling his arm away. Holly looked at him, shocked as The Chain by Fleetwood Mac started playing in someone's yard.

     "Excuse me?" she asked, crossing her arms. "Yeah, you heard me." he said, stepping closer to her. "I'm not stupid, y'know. I saw you in the diner with Ben." Richie said lowly. Holly scoffed. "Yeah? Well, maybe if you didn't jump to conclusions all the time you would know what was going on!" Holly exclaimed. "Okay, tell me what was going on." Richie snapped. "Ben was showing me his research about Derry because I was gone the day he showed you." Holly said, pointing to Richie.

     "Really? Because it looked like a date to me." he replied. The rest of the group was silent. Holly rolled her eyes. "It wasn't." she said lowly. "And what about Bill? It's kinda weird how he's over at your house all the time, huh? And how you two were in that shed? I have a feeling there was something going on in there." Richie said, taking another step towards Holly. "No, it's not weird. Bill and I are friends." she replied through gritted teeth.

     "I think you were cheating on me." Richie said, anger in his eyes. Holly let out a bitter laugh. "You think I was cheating on you? Because I'm pretty sure you were cheating on me with Pam." Holly spat. "Why? Because I was hanging out with a girl that isn't you? That's called cheating now?" Richie said. She took a deep breath.

     "You're so stupid, Richie!" Holly exploded. "You're mad because I was hanging out with Bill and Ben, but when I point out that you were hanging out with a girl that you wanted to fuck, I'm the one the one over-exaggerating? What the hell?" she yelled. "You know I would do anything with Pamela." Richie said. "And I wouldn't do anything with Bill! He's like my brother! And Ben's my friend!" Holly screamed. She could feel Beverly step up behind her.

     "I'm not a cheater, but you just might be. I saw you two, Richie. I saw you two hanging out. And she even said to me that you two did- did stuff before we started dating." she finished. "I hear what they say about you. About all the boys you messed with, you've kissed, you've dated. I didn't believe them. And then I got with you, and saw how you acted. Now, I'm not so sure." Richie spat. 

     "I don't even know what I saw in you." he said quietly. They were nose to nose now, staring into each other's angry eyes. "'Cause you're just a slut." Richie whispered. Holly felt tears spring to her eyes for a second, and then slapped her boyfriend- or ex- right across the face. He stumbled back. Bringing her knee up for a kick, she could feel Bill and Beverly pull her back. Richie scrambled for his bike, riding off. 

     "You fucking dick! Asshole! I can't believe you! Fuck you, Richie! Fuck you!" she screamed. Tears were running down her face, her voice was hoarse from screaming so much. The rest of the group rode off, leaving Bill and Beverly holding back a screaming Holly who was yelling profanities at the boy who was racing down the street. 

     Holly stopped soon after. "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry." she cried, hiccuping. "Just- I'll call you later, okay?" she said, racing towards her bike. Holly Taylor rode off, tears and hair whipping behind her, leaving Bill and Beverly shocked in the street. She got to her house, throwing her bike in the front yard and raced upstairs, not crying anymore. She crashed on the bed, ignoring Cassie's calls for her and attempted to fall asleep, traumatized by today's events

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------what can i say? don't fight holland taylor and you'll be good. vote, comment and follow!

-m<3