CHAPTER FOUR: BEVERLY'S DILEMMA AND DANCING

Tuesday, June 20th, 1989 - Sunday, July 2nd, 1989

     It would be wrong to say that Richie and Holly's first date went well.

     It was amazing.

     Holly was so nervous, all dolled-up in a white summer dress and and matching flats. Her crimson hair was pulled back in a curled ponytail, showing off the small diamonds that were on her ears. Richie was dressed in a black t-shirt and jeans with black Converse. God, they were terrified! But when Cass pulled up at the diner and Holly stepped out of the car, Richie's fears washed away. Holly walked in, flashing her pearly whites, and sat down across from Richie. They shared a double chocolate milkshake with an extra cherry, which was both of their favorites.

      A day after, Richie called her. They went on two more dates over the course of two weeks after words. Richie told Holly that she was now an official Loser, which made her laugh. He smiled at her laugh. He got butterflies at her laugh. A thirteen year old boy getting butterflies? Let alone Richie Tozier? Who would've thought?

     They went to Benny's often, which caused Holly to use her birthday money. Considering milkshakes were only three bucks, she had enough to last her a while. Even though she had the money, she forgot sometimes, and Bill always paid. And whenever Bill forgot his money, Holly was right there for him. 

Holly had even gotten all of the boys' numbers at this point, just to talk and have fun. The Losers went to the quarry a few times, which is always fun. Richie was more jealous than ever that the other boys were looking at Holly in her underwear, but he couldn't say anything because she wasn't his girlfriend.

     Yet.

      Holly never realized she was doing it, but she unintentionally flirted with Stan. Holly didn't like him like she liked Richie, but there was something about Stan. Stan said he didn't have a crush on Holly, but yeah, he thought she was pretty. So they flirted, throwing compliments here and there which made Richie's blood boil.

                      Sunday, July 2nd, 1989

     Summer was officially started. Beverly and Holly had decided that they were gonna go out to eat at one this afternoon. The Fourth of July party was two days away, and all the Losers were excited. They had planned to hang out together there, watching the bands. Richie and Holly already had another date planned for Friday night, and Richie was going at Holly to be 'his girl.' Holly felt like she had been waiting forever for him to ask.

     Holly said goodbye to Mandy and Cassandra, who were going to an old friend of Cassie's, who had a son that was four. They lived in Bangor, a town near Derry.

     "We'll be back around nine tonight, alright? Dinner's in the fridge, and Beverly can still sleep over. I don't want you two out past seven though, okay? There's thirty bucks on the counter for your lunch with Bev today. I don't want the boys over, though. Just you two. You'll be okay, right? Do you think Bev's dad is-" Cass rambled on and on, but was cut short by her cousin.