❀ Chapter 2 - Fairy Tail

"Zeref.." You mutter. "Do you think," you pause for a few seconds. "We could be friends?"

His lips curve into a smile. "Of course, (Y/n)."

❀❀❀

A month as passed since you and Zeref have met, you became close friends with him and told him more about your past.

Zeref and you walk around Tenrou Island while talking.

"Really? Before the Ankhseram curse, you were practicing Shadow God Slaying magic?" Zeref looked at you.

   "Mhmm, and I know most of it still but I haven't practiced in at least 100 years.." You sighed.

   Zeref stopped walking and looked at the sky. "You aren't afraid of me?" You gave him a confused look. "Surely you heard of all the wretched things I've done.."

   "Oh.." You look at your hands and think for a few minutes. You finally say, "I've heard of what you've done, but I'm not afraid of you. After all, I know how you feel." You look up at Zeref and smile brightly, causing Zeref to smile as well.

"(Y/n)?" Zeref mumbles. "I want you to promise me something." You look up at Zeref and tilt your head slightly. "Promise me we'll be together, forever."

   You blush lightly and nod. "Of course." You smile brightly.

❀❀❀

   "I'll be back, (Y/n)." Zeref waved a temporary goodbye to you and walked away.

   You leaned against a tree and sighed. Just then, you suddenly had a bad feeling. "Zeref." You say as you run towards the direction he had walked towards. "Please be okay.."

❀❀❀

Zeref's POV

My eyes widen when I saw him. I saw him. My little brother.. Natsu.

"You've grown so much.." I mutter. "Natsu."

"I don't know who you are, but this island belongs to our Guild!" Natsu states.

A wave of sadness came to me. I knew Natsu was not ready to defeat me yet.

'How much longer must I wait for him to kill me..?' I think.

"Zeref!!" I hear (Y/n)'s voice. I turn around and see her.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"Zeref?!" Natsu and his friends yell out in fear. "Get off this island! You're not allowed on it, especially if you're Zeref!" Natsu yells.

Seeing Natsu made me happy again.. Then I regretted feeling happy and seeing the meaning of life again.

I hold my head and gasp, "R-Run!" I warn the wizards and Natsu.

(Y/n) grabs my arm and I look at her.

"Calm down." She says, sternly. For some reason, it worked. (Y/n) looked at Natsu and his friends. "We didn't think there was anyone on this island, so we stayed here for a while.. We're sorry for intruding." She smiles.