❀ Chapter 18 - Starting Over

I grab the necklace and stare at it. It symbolizes hope.. hope that Zeref and I can break the curse, hope that I can finally live a normal life, and it will happen. No more hoping because I'll make it happen.

❀❀❀

  He listened to me, I told Zeref I needed a break from the life I was living. He offered to come with me on my 'vacation.' I kindly refused since I needed the time to myself, so that I can improve my mental health before things get too much.

   Zeref told me he understood, and so did the others. The first thing I had in my mind was that I needed to go back home. It would most likely be demolished, but I had to see for myself. How long has it been? I've lost track of time. Everything is all in a blur, everything except for Zeref. I remember meeting him. It felt like he saved me, hell, he did save me in a way.

❀❀❀

   I finished packing, a few of the 12 visited me. Brandish had talked to me the most while I packed. Before I left, I went to talk to Zeref.

   "Are you sure you're okay with me leaving?" I asked, a hint of fear in my voice.

   "Of course not, I want you to stay with me, but I've noticed you've been distracted recently and I really do think this will help. Where do you plan on going, you know, just in case I need to contact you?" He sets down a book and turns to face me.

   "I'm not sure, I'm just going to be walking around. I'll go to Fiore first. Maybe visit Natsu and the others."

   "Don't get too involved with them.. especially Mavis."

   "We're friends, maybe not anymore, but I'm not sure."

   "Just don't stay in one place for too long. Promise me, (Y/n)." He begs.

   "Fine, I understand, Zeref."

   With that, I left the room. Zeref doesn't have to know everything. Sure he can possibly keep an eye on me, but like I'll let that stop me. This vacation is about improving my better help. I need to focus on myself, not on complying to Zeref's rules.

   As I reminded myself that it's okay to leave, I got on the boat and waited until I arrived at the location. First stop would be, obviously, Fairy Tail.

(Sorry for being gone for so long. 39K reads? Wow! I'm impressed. Thank you all, and I will be writing a lot more since the whole world is basically quarantined. Be safe and be sure to wash your hands, love you all! I will be ending this story at chapter 20. But good news, drumroll please?

...
..
.
I will be making a second part to this story! Have any clues what it'll be named or how it'll start?)