He won't give up

Triz's POV

Friday at school Period 5 (chemistry) with:

Damon, Tj, Kathy, Jacob

"Everyone, we are going to start on the project today as we've been learning for the last few weeks. So please partner up and start on the project please." Our teacher says to us.

"Hey, Trizi, do you want to..." Tj starts off but Damon interrupts.

"wanna be partners?" he says holding my hand.

"yeah" I smile.

He lead me to our seat, I turned around remembering Tj wanted to ask me something. "um Tj what did you want to ask me?"

He just shook his head and went to sit with some human guy...uh ok.

I put my phone on the table so if i get a text, I'll see it. And right when I put my phone on the table, I get a message. Its from Kathy, what is she doing texting?

i pick up the phone and read the message:

Look in front of u!

I look at the seat in front of me, Kathy was sitting with Jacob, they must feel really akward right now.

I text back:

Why are you sitting with him?

She replied:

Cause there was nowhere else to sit, n he asked me!

I'm not sure how to react to this.

I message her back:

Well try ur best

I end the conversation.

"Everything ok triz?" Damon pulls me close.

I put on a smile. "I'll tell you after." he nods and we start to work on our project. I didn't really focus on it much though.

Kathy's POV

It's really uncomfortable being beside him right now....he's actually being really nice, he's giving me my space, thats what I love about him...at least I used to love him.

"can we talk....?" he finally asks in a soft voice.

I stop looking at our blank page and up at him. The light is shining on him making him shine. I nod and bite my lip.

"I know I've hurt you....and hurting you....just hurts me even more...." he starts off. It really hurt him that much? I'm not sure what to say to that....I didn't know he was hurt too....this makes me start to forgive me

The bell rings ending school. I still feel the pain about what he did to me so it's still hard being around him. I rushed to go out of class, but Jacob caught up wit me at my locker. He grabbed hold of my hand right when I was putting in my locker combination.

"Kathy, can we finish this later? In the woods?" he whispers softly. 

"Ok..." I say stilling not looking at him. I dont want the memories to flow back into my mind. 

I can see him smile in the corner of my eye. "Ok I'll see you then." he says and he knocks my locker making it open, then he leaves. I smile for the rest of that time.

~~~~~~~~~At the woods~~~~~~

When I walked into the woods, I saw Jacob was already there waiting for me. He turns around to face me, smiling he nods syaing hi. I slowly walk to him and tuck my hair behind my ear. 

"Can we walk?" I ask. he just smiles but we do walk.

"um, so what I was saying earlier was...that the only reason I left was because..."  he says but sighs. He runs his fingers through his hair and I know that he onlys does that when theres something really bothering him. 

I hear some people coming towards us, their werewolves. "Who's coming?" I whisper.

"Stay behind me." he says. I stay behind him, then we see them come, their a pack. 

"Well hello Jacob. Who's the girl? " One of them says, he looked like the leader of the pack. 

"What are you doing here Ethan? Get off the territory." he steps up and says this to them confidently.

I'm not scared, I feeel very protective...becauase of him. 

The guy, named Ethan puts his hands up and backs away a bit. "Woah Jacob just asking a question, and remember we have a pack meeting later. If you dont come this time, or you know what happens.' he says walking off while the others follow. 

I'm so confused. "Jacob what just happenned? Why were they talking about some pack? Are you in their pack?'' i finally ask him most of my questions when i was sure they were off our territory.

"That's what i was trying to tell you...it's just so hard...i dont want to hurt you again.." He says truthly.

"Jacob, its fine just tell me...I wont get hurt anymore..cause I might as well get all the pain out..." I say.

He looks really hurt, but he sighs and starts to explain, "Ok, ugh this is so hard...when I left..it was because of them. They forced me to leave, i never wnated to go but i had to.....to protect you." 

"I dont understand..." i say looking into his eyes. 

"They threatened to hurt you if i didnt leave to join their pack. Kathy, i left to save you." All of this is slowly making sense and coming together.

"But...why do they need you and...why do they want to hurt me? And why didn't you talk to me at all for those many weeks?!" I start of talk slowly but then yell afterwards. 

We're still on the grassy hill just standing on the top of the hill in the breeze. He slolwy walks closer to me. "I couldn't answer any of your calls or texts because if i did...they'd find out and they'd go after you. I'm not sure why they're after you, maybe because your beauitful or next in line for luna or something like that. They just don't trust me enough yet to tell me why. " 

"Look, Jacob, I'm really sorry about what I did to you.." I start to say but he interrupts.

"No its fine Kathy, I'm the one who should be sorry...I should have told you before I left, if i could have...everything is fine now Kathy. I chose to left them that's why I came back to school and everything. Don't worry I'll never leave you again, it was a horrible mistake....will you come back to me?" he holds my hands.

"Jacob...I do forgive you but...I'm not sure if I can still trust you..." i start off saying.

Again Jacob interrupts. "why can't you trust me? You're my mate, if i ever lose you again, I'll be heart broken than I already was."

I interrupt him this time. "But I'm with Taylor....and I love him." 

He didn't seem shock. "Kathy I know you have feelings for both of us but I know that your feelings for me are more than his. You love me more than him and I know it, don't lie to me Kathy. please come back to me...I know you're my mate..." 

I argue with him. "But you don't know if im your mate...don't even knwo if you're my mate....not until Im 18. So I gues you'll be waiting then..." I say letting go of his grip and walk off back to my house. I run my fingers through my hair and just hug myself. 

As I walk off I hear him yell "I'm not giving up Kathy! No matter what!" He's right....I'm not going to get away from this.