Chapper 18

Tord.

Tord is behind Matt, holding a gun to his back.

"Let him go!" You exclaim.

"Hahaha... It doesn't work like that, Y/n." Tord chuckles.

"Well I came back to life and it's not supposed to work like that but I did it anyways! What did Matt ever do to you anyways!?" You exclaim.

"Wow, calm down Y/n, you might scare me into pulling the trigger..." He chuckled.

"What did Matt do- What have any of us done to you for you to hate us this way?" You say, refraining from yelling.

"Well you decided to join the wrong army. Tom was never my friend. Matt is great bait. And I was never really keen on killing Edd, oh but I will if need be!" Tord explains.

"Lemme guess, you want Tom? Why?" You ask.

"I need Tom dead." He says.

"Need is a strong word." You sass back.

"Have you forgotten who has the gun here?" Tord exclaims, shaking Matt a bit.

"Just let the kid go, Tord." Tom says.

"Come front and centre, Tom. I'm killing you, first-" "No!" You cut in. "You're not killing anyone. Please stop..." You step in front of Tom.

"Asking nicely doesn't get you anywhere, Y/n." Tord sighs, shaking his head.

You take a single step forward, "Tord... Please, I know there's a good person in there somewhere." Step. "Just put down the gun and we can talk."

"Y/n stay away from him!" Tom exclaimed.

"No. Take Edd out of the house and call the police." You say, taking another step towards Tord.

"No! I want to help!" Edd exclaims.

"Then get out of the house- apartments, whatever! Just let me deal with this. Tord, your under arrest for destruction of property, murder, and holding a person hostage."

"Psh! Yeah, right! You can't do that so easily! I have the gun!"

"Take Edd out of here, Tom! Go call the police!" You yell, eyes still locked on Tord.

You heard their footsteps recede into the distance.

He laughs and let's go of Matt, who runs out of the room. "So it's now 1 on 1, eh?"

"Sure is, I guess." You reply, "So now what?"

He shrugs, "Now I shoot you. Then I escape out the wind-" He looks to the window- now's your chance! You round house kick his gun away and punch him de la face.

He groans in pain and grabs for his gun but you kick his face and he falls to the floor. You swipe the gun and aim it at him.

"Stay down. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be used agaAH!" He swipes your feet out from under you and you hit the ground. You hold the gun hard as he tries to pry it away from you. You pull your leg up and kick his face away, running back.

"I know you won't shoot me, Y/n! I'm not afraid of you!" Tord yells, standing up. His nose is bleeding from when you kicked him.

"You thought you knew I was dead when I wasn't. How is this scenario any different?" You warn, cold. He steps towards you, "Don't move!" He smirks and takes another step.

"I'm not afraid of you." He laughs.

"I'm not afraid of you, either."

He leaps at you and grabs your wrist, pulling it to the side as the bang erupts through the room. His weight forces you to fall and you immediately roll over so your on top. Using the momentum, he rolls again while trying to pry the gun from your hand. You roll against the wall, on top, and push the gun into his chest. He swipes the gun from your hand and presses it to your forehead.

You duck just as another bang comes from the gun. You grab the gun and stand, you both trying to pull it away from each other. You push the gun down, hit his head, and pull it away successfully.

Bang, and blood pools around Tord's leg. He groans in pain and glares at you. "...I guess you won." He spat, a bit of weakness in his voice.

You throw the gun out the closed window, shattering the glass. "Now, be still!" You say firm, tearing the curtain.

"Why? I'm dying anyways. Either I die of blood loss or the cops get me executed." Tord sighs as you wrap the curtain around his wound.

"Well I gave you a chance to live and you didn't take it. It's on you, Tord." You say, tying the fabric in a firm knot. "Get up, commie." You say, holding out your hand.

"Why?" He mocks.

"Ugh. Do you want gentle me or mean cops?" You question. Tord doesn't reply, just looks away. "Well tell me one thing. Why are you so keen on killing Tom? Why do you want to hurt him so badly!?"

"I don't know!" He yells, tears building up in the back of his eyes, "I don't know... I was stupid."

"You only tried to kill me a minute ago. Now you've changed so much since you've lost? Tsk..." You can really see weakness in him. Pure sadness. It was craziness a minute ago.

"Stay here." You murmur and go to get the others. "Come say your goodbyes to Tord. If you want." You say.

"Y/n! I'm so glad you're-" "Stop." You cut Tom off, "Not in the mood to hear happy things. I just shot a guy."

"A terrible guy who-" "I said stop! I just shot Tord! I don't care what he did! Are you saying goodbye or not!?"

They walk back into the room with Tord lying there, peacefully. He's sadder than ever, you would have forgotten that he almost tried to kill you.

"Hey Tord..." Edd said, crouching down beside him.