Chapter 8

"How about pizza..?" I look up from my phone, mark frowns "pizza?" I nod excitedly "please?" He chuckles "how could I say no to pizza??" He takes a sharp left onto a highway.

"Where to after that?" I ask curiously. He smiles to himself "you'll see" he then flashes a grin. I raise a brow with a smile "a surprise?" He nods "kinda, you've been there before.." I frown a little, trying to think of all the places he could take me..

I wonder..?

"So how's work?" He asks, glancing at me for a split second. I sigh "jin and I are in charge of the asami case. Other than that works fun, the trials are kind of stressful sometimes.. There's this bitch who does everything wrong and gets the whole firm into trouble and it makes me want to strangle her" he laughs "calm down babe, I just asked you how work was.. Not what's your murder scheme for your bitchy colleague" I smile "right sorry, works great".

"Did you.. Go through a lot?" I speak the words before I process what I'm saying.

He smiles "I remembered what my reward was in the end and endured it.." I look up "and what was your reward..? A certificate..?" He laughs "Nope.. You, I knew if I got through with it I would get to be with you again, as a proper husband.." I smile "right.. Of course".

His right hand slips into mine as he continues to drive with his left one. A reward..

"Oh and.. Uhm.." He trails off, I take my eyes off the road ahead to turn and look at him "yeah?" I prompt.

"I was wondering.. I-i know I've just come back from LA and going there would probably trigger something and you know how much we've been through there and how it would also be nice to go back and-" I lean over to him at the signal and press a soft kiss on his lips.

"You're rambling babe.." I mumble as I pull away slightly. He chuckles and kisses me softly, my eyes flutter shut as I take in the moment..

I still find it so hard to believe we're a married couple.. It feels like we're still teenagers..

He pulls away when a person repeatedly slams his hand on the horn for us to move. I sit back in my seat and laugh "what a party pooper.." I sigh, mark smiles "right.. So as I was saying..do you maybe.. Wanna Uhm.. G-go visit Jae and sue in LA with me for a few weeks...?" He stutters, why is he being so nervous?

I rub the back of his knuckles with my thumb lightly as I speak "calm down, why are you so nervous? You weren't this nervous since you proposed" I chuckle lightly. He smiles "I-I just.. I'm worried about how you're going to react to my questions.." I roll my eyes slightly with a small smile "mark.. I'm not going to eat you, neither would I get mad at you for wanting to take me somewhere, I'm off for another 3 weeks anyway.. So yes, I'd love to go to LA with you" at this he grins.

"Great, I was starting to think I'd have to get on my knees and beg you to come because I refuse to leave you behind anymore.." I nod understandingly "I wouldn't of let you go alone.." He pulls up in front of a restaurant and turns to me "thank God.." He kisses me, his lips quivering.

I frown and pull away slightly but he pulls me closer, I feel a tear hit my cheek followed by a few more. I quickly pull away to cup my hands around his cheeks "babe what's wrong?? A-are you okay???" I search his eyes with worry.

He nods with a smile "don't worry, I'm fine.. I just missed you so fucking much.. It hurt.. N-not having been able to hold you close to me while we sleep hurt.. Not being able to kiss you goodnight or wake up to your peaceful sleeping face every morning hurt.." I wipe his tears away and Peck his lips "I'm not going anywhere. Ever. I'm sorry you had to go through that.. I missed you a shit ton too.. I missed your kisses and your back hugs and the way you kissed me all over my face to wake me up when I was lazy.. Or the Saturday breakfast you would cook when I worked overtime on a Friday, I missed it all and I can't wait t have that again.."