Chapter 14

My entire night was sleepless, all i kept thinking of was mark and asami and contemplating this whole situation.

I roll over in bed only to find the space empty, staring at the spot where mark would usually sleep i feel my eyes start to tear up again. I take a deep breath and sit up getting ready to move out of bed just as i do i get a call.

"Ms.Park, good morning" my doctor speaks from the other side with a bubbly tone "Ms.Walter, good morning. How may i come of use?" I smile, she chuckles "you were telling me about your allergies the other day, i was hoping i could meet up with you today and maybe we could do a little blood test on you? I'll discuss the rest with you in person. Would 10 am be okay?" I nod as if she can see me then speak up "Yeah sure, i'll uhm..see you then?"

"See you then" i hang up and slide out of bed, shuffling to the bathroom i wash up and make myself look at least presentable. I get out of the bathroom and slip on lightwashed jeans and a simple white t-shirt.

You can do this.. i tell myself as i take in a deep breath. I feel suffocated as i do this, the heavy weight on my heart seeming to get heavier as the minutes pass. I grab what i need and walk out of the room to be greeted with silence, making my way down to the living room i see mark fast asleep on the couch..

You kind of deserve this.. i say knowing i don't mean it one bit.

I grab the keys to his car and walk out, shutting the door softly behind me. I get into the car and pull out of their driveway, i turn the radio on and hum to some ed sheeran as i cruise down the partially empty road towards the old cafe i worked at.

I park at the entrance of the cafe and walk in, a few customers look up at me by reflex. I walk up to the counter and smile at the waitress behind it, realization hitting me. "Ann? Oh my god" i smile "you're still here!" I walk around the counter to hug the lady i worked for years ago. "Jesus Christ.. crystal, its been so long! Where have you been? I heard you got married.." she smiles as she looks at me up and down, observing me "you've lost a lot of weight darling, is everything okay?" She frowns, concern painting her beautiful face. "I'm perfectly fine, i've been busy and i've been going to the gym more often" i chuckle, she smiles "its good to see you.. what would you like? On the house" i smile "Okay okay, i'll have a cold white chocolate mocha with extra caramel" she nods and types out my order.

"Come sit, talk to me" she smiles excitedly.

I spend the next 30 minutes catching up with her. I tell her everything that's happened, of course.. leaving out the crazy parts.

"Did you say park jimin? I know that boy, wonderful child.. he would always visit here after you stopped working. He was so sweet... he stopped coming here after a while, do you know what happened to him?"

I gulp, swallowing the lump building in my throat. "I guess he moved away.. p-probably married.." she smiles "well good for him.. i hope he's happy" i nod "m-me too.." i force a smile.

"Well daring.. its nice to see you again, i hope you have a nice time in LA and call me when the baby arrives" I nod with a smile and hug her "see you around ann.." she pats my back before walking away. When i step out i realize what she said "Wait.. what baby???".

◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇

I push the door open to Ms.Walters office and step in with a smile "good morning" she chimes, i say it back and take a seat in front of her. "So how is the married life going? How's mark?" I smile a little "he's good.. he returned a few weeks ago.. and married life is pretty relaxing" she chuckles "savour it, wait till the children come along" i gulp "mm..yeah" she notices my mood change at the mention of children "is something wrong? Oh honey don't tell me mark can't have children because of the accident.." my eyes grow wide "what?? No no!" I laugh a little "we haven't discussed kids yet.." she nods understanding.