Chapter 16

"T-there has to be some explination, i mean i'm a lawyer maybe they're here for some sort of inquiry..?" I speak softly, moving to open the door. Mark puts a hand over mine as soon as it touches the door handle.

I shake his hand off and pull the door open with a smile "Yes?" The two officers return my smile "Ms.Tuan, we heard one of your clients is involved in a homicide case? We were informed you were assigned the case about two nights ago?" I frown "No no, i've been out of the country for the past two weeks.. i just got back" One nods "alright, sorry for the disruption, have a good night" they bow and walk away.

I shut the door and turn to look at mark "that was odd? When were you assigned any cases?" I sigh, walking back into the living room. "I don't know, maybe they reassigned the case to Jin and forgot to mention it" Mark frowns "Shouldn't you be calling the office and asking someone?" I rest my head on the back of the couch, closing my eyes. "Its too late, our secretary leaves at 6 pm. Its 10." I state.

Homicide? But when was there a homicide and why hasn't Jin said anything?.

》》》》

The next morning i wake up to something clatter in the kitchen, i sit up with a start and look around. Noticing mark isn't in bed, i grab my robe off the chair and wrap it around me, making my way to the kitchen. "Mark?" I call out. He turns around, covered in flour.

I burst out laughing "what were you attempting?" I grab a cloth and begin dusting the flour off his bare chest. "I wanted to make you breakfast but my hand hit the bowl" he pouts down at me.

I smile "Well the thought counts, so thank you" I give him a quick kiss. "So just coffee and toast then?" I chuckle "just coffee and toast, i have to get to work in an hour" i state, grabbing vacuum to clean up the mess on the floor.

After a hot shower i change into a warm turtleneck sweater, black trousers and grab a coat and my handbag.

"Your coffee and toast" Mark rounds a corner with a cheeky smile, i take the plate from him and sit at the kitchen counter, eating breakfast while i look through some paperwork and mark showers.

He comes out shortly after in a black button down shirt and grey trousers. I raise a brow as i look at him over my coffee mug. He chuckles "What?" He says,sipping his own coffee.

"Nothing, i just haven't seen you dressed up for work in so long its odd, you look even better" I wink, making him laugh "Thank you, you look beautiful as well".

My phone buzzes with an incoming text, i dust the crumbs off my hands and grab it.

You need to come down to the office, its urgent. Like someone being held at gunpoint urgent. -Jin

I look at the text like it just told me to jump off a cliff before i grab my briefcase ans coat. "I have to go, i'll see you for lunch?" I ask Mark as i slip on my shoes. He nods, giving my lips a quick peck "see you, drive safe!" He calls out behind me, i laugh "always do!" I reply, shutting the door and heading down to my car.

...

I park my car and lock it quickly behind me, Jin has called me 5 times in the last 20 minutes and i'm really starting to think someone is being held at gunpoint.

I rush into the office looking around frantically, most of the floor seems deserted with a few stray assistants walking around, i grab han-ah's arm as she's walking past me "where is everyone?" She looks at me with wide eyes "oh, so jin didn't tell you?" Now i'm mildly panicking "jin didn't tell me what?" She shakes her head "they're in board room 3" i thank her and speed walk down the hall in my heels, walking as fast as i can and taking a sharp turn, i push the door open.