It's your decision

Fernando: Kara you must leave, it's not safe here
Kara: what? You just told me that you love me and now telling me that I have to leave?!
Fernando: that's why I sent you away in the first place! Don't you understand?!
Kara: no!! I don't understand! Please enlighten me
Fernando: I'm a dangerous man Kara, too dangerous to be loved or to love someone. That's why I sent you away. That's why you must go back
Kara: I don't care if you're dangerous! I love you and if you send me away I'll just come back. Please Fernando please don't make me leave again.
Fernando: come mi amor

Fernando took my hand and walked me upstairs to his bedroom. We softly sat on the bed and he kissed my cheek. Before he began saying....

Fernando: Kara, I'm going to tell you a story. When I was a little boy I was sent away to boarding school where I met you. I was too young to understand why until I was 18 and my father who I still resented let me come home. When I got home I expected many things, I expected to see my lovely mother's smiling face, I expected all my siblings and cousins to be there to greet me, but most importantly I expected my father to be there and tell me he was sorry. What I came home to wasn't even close to what I had hoped, I came home to a war. Turns out my fathers business was the cartel and he had gotten into some trouble. At first I was sent away for my safety but now I was brought back to fight. I was thrown into a world I couldn't have come up with in my worst nightmares. My mother was in danger, my younger siblings were sent away just as I was. I had to fight to keep them safe, and that's what I did. We had problems with former cartel members trying to take over our business. My father was shot, he was in the hospital for 2 months because of internal bleeding. He survived, his attacker did not. That is the only time I have ever shot a gun and I plan on keeping it that way. You see Kara, I had no choice but to be brought into this awful reality. Which is why I'm giving you a choice, because clearly deciding for you doesn't work. You can stay and have your life constantly in danger or you can leave and live a perfectly normal safe life without me. It's your decision.