6: Life or death

What's the difference between life and death?

It was a question Savannah had been asking herself for the past two years. She never understood how death was so bad if her life was a living hell anyway.

When Savannah opened her eyes, she had no idea what was happening. All she saw was a pair of deep, chocolate brown eyes staring at her with fear. This startled her, and she tried to sit up. But it was no use, a sharp pain in her head followed by extreme dizziness forced her to lie back down. Her senses were coming back. That was when her brain registered the pain.

They were throbbing, and they were swollen. Blood was everywhere; covering the floor and her clothes. Her eyes became wide when she realized the boy was still there.

"Who are you?!" She asked, frantic.

"I-I'm Blake. Who are you?"

"Why are you here?"

"U-uhm.." Blake stammered.

"Why are you here?"

"I think a better question would be why you are, and what are you doing?" He stated confidently.

"What the hell does it look like? Leave me alone."

Blakes confidence faded in a matter of seconds. He had no idea what to say, so he just stayed silent. But he couldn't help but stare. This girl is so beautiful. Why is she doing this to herself? He thought. It broke his heart, if only a little.

"I said, leave me alone!"

Somehow Blake managed to find his voice. "You need to go to the hospital. You've lost a lot of blood. You can't even sit up right. Come on, I'll take y-..."

"NO! Please don't make me. Please."

"Ok, ok. But I can't just leave you here. What can I do to help?"

Savannah was never good at letting people in, and she didn't even know this boy. She didn't know why, but the words flew out of her mouth so fast that she couldn't take them back.

"Please stay with me. I'm Savannah. Nice to meet you."