4: A Shocking Find

Chapter four: A Shocking Find

 Dodge the rain, jump over the puddles. Blake was trying to do these things as he ran but the rain was so thick that he couldn't easily control anything. He didn't even know where he was going. He could be in a whole other state for all he knew.

"Fuck."

   Blake slipped on a slimy mud bank and went tumbling to the ground. He tried to open his eyes but things suddenly went black. When he opened them again, he didn't know how much time had passed but the rain had lightened up. But then he thought he heard singing..

I must be going crazy, or that fall did something to my brain...

   Again he heard it, louder this time. It was so beautiful. Mesmerized, he ran in the direction of the sound when suddenly, it stopped. Looking at the hundreds of tall pine trees around him, Blake felt so lost. He had no idea where he was and didn't know what to do. All he knew was that he desperatly needed a dry place to sit, think and sleep. Seeing a gathering of tall pine trees, he headed towards them in hopes of shelter.

   Blake was a mere 5 feet away from the trees when he heard someone sobbing, but he didn't really know where it was coming from. That's when he saw the latter. As he climbed up it, the sobbing got louder and louder, until he saw the crimson red flowing from the fragile girls wrists.