18: Miracle

What do I do? Blake thought. WHAT THE HELL DO I DO!

Nothing made sense at that moment. Blakes legs turned to jello beneath him, and he crumpled to his knees. He touched Savannahs cheek first, then proceeded to touch her eyes and her mouth. He ran his fingers through her hair, almost every bit of him saying she was still there. That she was just asleep. But a very small part of him knew that wasn't the case. Savannah was gone, she was really gone.

Blake held Savannahs hand for a moment, and closed his eyes. He pictured her as she was when she was still alive. It was amazing to Blake that if he thought back to only 10 minutes ago, she was with him. Now she was gone. 

With his eyes still closed, he carefully kissed her on the forehead, nose, and mouth before turning back towards the truck. He didn't turn around for if he did, he would always remember that limp, cold, bloody body as Savannah. And Blake did NOT want that.

With silent tears still streaming down his face, Blake remembered why he had come and went to the truck. 

"Sarah! SSarah! Are you here? Sarah?"

"Blake! Blake!" Sarah screamed, terror in her voice.

"Blake please help him! pp.lease!" She sobbed.

"Help who??" He looked around and saw nobody but Sarah..

"Derek! Please he stopped breathing you have to help him!"

Blake looked around yet again. In the corner he saw a foot, and following his gaze, there was a crumpled body. It was deathly still.

"Sarah..I think he's gone. It's going to be okay, just come here. Let's go home." Blake reached for Sarahs arm but she yanked away quickly.

"No Blake! No! He's still alive, he's-"

"Sarah. Come."

Now Sarah was crying so hard that the sounds coming from her were unnatural. Blake felt such compassion for his sister that he went over to the so called "Derek" ...even though he knew that what he would find was probably not going to be good.

Which is why he was so surprised when he touched Dereks shoulder and his eyes opened.